Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2003 3.8L 6Cyl Mustang. I haven't done much to it just added a 40 series flow master but i don't want to work on my looks until i have started with my speed. I am wondering what your guys opinions are on an easy way to gain hp for around a budget of 200-300 for now.Thanks

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
uhmmm start off with a CAI or cold air intake, uhmmm 150 isnt alot to work with really man, thats why my hood is still white lol. uhmm lets see, CAI you might can gears w/o install. thats all i can really think of atm.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea i have about $300 dollars i was just tryign to save but what could i get for about 200 and up

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Welcome.

First the v6er saying:

Cheap
Fast
Reliable

Pick 2.

Second:
Most mods your gonna hear

BASIC
- dual exhaust
- cold air intake
- intake spacer (not tb)

INTERMEDIATE
- Cam (rr's etc)
- Ported Heads
- Ported Intakes
- Gears & Tlok
- 4.2L f150 motor

Extreme
- Supercharger
- Turbo Charger (single / twin)
- Nitrous oxide
- 4.2L stroker kit (forged)

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
do you just have a muffler by the way, or is it dual exhaust, and i forgot to welcome you sooo Welcome

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
^^^MY SIG IS SPREADING!!! its just a matter of time now before 8% of mm has it as their sig!!hahahahaha

yep SSS's list is pretty good. except i would put the intake spacer under the intermediate category.

save up a couple hundred more and go for nitrous. its the best bang for the buck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
na i just have a 40 series flow master muffler ,nothing special i just got the car a lil bit ago ,no cat backs or special pipes just the flow master with a magnaflow tip

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
^^^MY SIG IS SPREADING!!! its just a matter of time now before 8% of mm has it as their sig!!hahahahaha

yep SSS's list is pretty good. except i would put the intake spacer under the intermediate category.

save up a couple hundred more and go for nitrous. its the best bang for the buck
Eh its only 110$, basic mod.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
^^^hahaha i seen that and was like holy crap somebody who hates rap as much as i do. gotta rep the rock and metal. woot woot. anyways, yeh his list pretty much the things you might possibly do, 300 you might can get a tuner dunno, havent looked into em in a while.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
na i just have a 40 series flow master muffler ,nothing special i just got the car a lil bit ago ,no cat backs or special pipes just the flow master with a magnaflow tip
I suggest you start off with going dual exhaust.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
yeh it would probably be his best bet right now. gotta save a little more money though for that.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
$300 you could get a ebay cai and custom dual exhaust made by a shop.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea i mean im not really caring about the exhaust right now i was thinking more like a cold air intake , any advice

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
go on ebay and buy one of the $50 cold air intakes. theyre cheap and are just as functional as the expensive ones. most sixers on these forums use the ebay one

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
exhaust will give you better hp, do true duals and a CAI it'll run you about 400 as a high estimate

1 - 20 of 42 Posts