Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all...Finally got to the track.....Damn that's as much fun as you can have with your clothes on!!!!:eek: First run,Bogged at the line,reaction time sucked,but this is the first time I have ever run at a real race track,so I ain't complaining:sorry1st run..R/T--1.088-- 60' time..2.216 E/T..14.13..MPH..101.02 ..2nd pass...R/T--.983..60' time..2.253E/T--14.07...MPH--101.93...Last pass R/T--.418--60' time--2.402--E/T--15.56--MPH--99.40...I missed 2nd gear...my fault.I have a bad habit of pulling the shifter towards me when I go to 2nd when I get excited:eek: (Stock shifter)They put me up against a ratty looking ricer,I knew what he had,been icing down his intake in the staging lanes..I know if I would not have missed 2nd I would of done high or maybe mid 13's Hell the second run was against a GT 500,with a Roush charger,header's pretty modded out...his E/T was13.39...So all in all I feel pretty damn good...I just need more track time....Just gotta get off the line better:cool:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Those might be good times. At least average. The mechanic at my speed shop was saying that the manager just go an 08 and couldn't get into the 13's. Thought it was the 3.31's. We're nearly at sea level.

·
Premium Member
39,159 Posts
It was pretty hot today and you can't hook that good, but with more seat time you could hit about a 13.7-13.6.

·
Registered
393 Posts
not bad at all. just wondering, but what were your 1/8 times? i havnt had the chance to run the 1/4 yet. my best 1/8 is a [email protected] 79 mph. that was before gears and a custom tune though...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
1/8 mile was----9.25 at 79.29MPH--9.20..at 79.62---and of course the cursed missed shift...10.01..at 75.62..Still I was pretty happy with those times,thought I was going to do worse....Yeah I'm looking forward to the gear change also,never got out of third,,,,,,"Need More Seat Time..lol....Thanks 05 Stang....
not bad at all. just wondering, but what were your 1/8 times? i havnt had the chance to run the 1/4 yet. my best 1/8 is a [email protected] 79 mph. that was before gears and a custom tune though...

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
keep practicing as long as you had fun the first th first time out.
I always ask other people questions whenever I go, you can pick up little tips here and there.
Good luck on your next time out.

·
Registered
393 Posts
1/8 mile was----9.25 at 79.29MPH--9.20..at 79.62---and of course the cursed missed shift...10.01..at 75.62..Still I was pretty happy with those times,thought I was going to do worse....Yeah I'm looking forward to the gear change also,never got out of third,,,,,,"Need More Seat Time..lol....Thanks 05 Stang....
welcome:)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah!! I was picking people's brains while I was in the staging lanes,I just felt so damn rushed when I got to the line,never really got a chance to focus....Or maybe it was that Deer in the Headlight Stare....lol....Thanks Kenneth it was a blast.....:D
keep practicing as long as you had fun the first th first time out.
I always ask other people questions whenever I go, you can pick up little tips here and there.
Good luck on your next time out.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
you could make a very good friend at any track. his name is mickey thompson and he comes in the form of ET Streets.

·
Registered
818 Posts
:funnah amen to that

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah!! I was picking people's brains while I was in the staging lanes,I just felt so damn rushed when I got to the line,never really got a chance to focus....Or maybe it was that Deer in the Headlight Stare....lol....Thanks Kenneth it was a blast.....:D
Good times. The more you go the more you will get use to everything. Before you know it you will be on autopilot I cant count the number of times I have been in the burnout box and forgot to turn off the traction control
:tomato. Keep posting your times and what you change I am interested to see how much you improve.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
....lmao...That's the first thing I made sure I checked before I got to the line...Yeah talk to a good friend that races alot,and use to own an 88 11second notchback...told me when the track gets oiled down,and they are cleaning,,walk out to the line stand there,and look around,in other words get comfortable...with that,and more seat time I'm really looking to see what this baby can do!!!! I am still so "AMPED"...Thanks 05gt I will keep everyone here informed...lol...:D
Good times. The more you go the more you will get use to everything. Before you know it you will be on autopilot I cant count the number of times I have been in the burnout box and forgot to turn off the traction control
:tomato. Keep posting your times and what you change I am interested to see how much you improve.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey PsychoBob....Thanks for the input...Oh yeah Drag radials have been on my mind since I got the car,just trying to decide what brand,and size???:cool:
you could make a very good friend at any track. his name is mickey thompson and he comes in the form of ET Streets.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i'll be trying the BFG's on out back when i return from the desert. i'll need them with the extra power i'll have. i hear they are stickier than the nittos, but don't last as long.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When I was at the track I noticed most of the street drag radials were Nitto's! When I had my 02 mustang I ran the Nitto Extreme555's and loved then,they wore quicker,but that's to be expected with a softer compound tire.I'm thinking of going to the Nitto Drag Radial,unless other people on the forum have had better time's with M/T's,or BFG's,and what would be the best size rims 16's????
i'll be trying the BFG's on out back when i return from the desert. i'll need them with the extra power i'll have. i hear they are stickier than the nittos, but don't last as long.

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
Not bad at all. Get those 60' times below 2 seconds and you'll be running 13.8's all day long.

As already said, some good tires will help that a lot.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts