Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys, ive never been to the track, im pretty excited. I saw bottled2v's post about it opening next sunday and i think i might head on out there. Whats your guys predictions. With a decent driver, what should my car run? Heres the run down. Just a few basic bolt ons

Bassani mid length headers
bassani o/r h pipe
bassani cat back
BBK cold air intake
BBK throttle body and plenum
Short throw
17x9 and 17x10.5 with 285/40/17 BF Goodrich G-Force KDWS's in the rear

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Be happy with anything in the 13s on your first trip to the track. Short shift the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts at about 5600 and the 3-4 around 5800. Shifting past that will actually slow you down with a 5-speed on stock cams.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I'd hold the rpms up around 2300-2400 and ease the clutch out while slowly applying more throttle. Launching a stick on street tires is something that is going to take more practice than it's worth. A few trips and you will be shopping for drag radials/slicks.

·
Registered
149 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
1st pass- 15.3
2nd pass- 15.5
3rd pass- 14.7
4th pass- 14.5

Don't get discouraged man if it does'nt go as planned. It takes a while to learn what works best for you/your car with a 5sp.
Either way, you're gonna have a blast.

Are you goin to Ubly, Lapeer or Milan?

·
Registered
998 Posts
1st pass- 15.3
2nd pass- 15.5
3rd pass- 14.7
4th pass- 14.5
this is probably the best prediction. You will have to get used to launching it and not missing gears. Also whether or not you can speed shift it. (do not try not using the clutch!) you will gernade your trans shift forks and some other parts.

Like they have said, don't get discouraged. It is totally different launching the car at the track vs. street.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I'm going to second this prediction. With the heavy 17" wheels and street tires, stock gears, and what sounds like little or no experience 14's will probably be the norm. Lower ET's will come with more seat time though.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Im out to prove you guys wrong..i hope i can atleast break into the 13's...but if not i wont be discouraged. Im just pumped to go out and have a little fun with the car!

LAWNDART- im actually goin to mid-michigan motorplex.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Im out to prove you guys wrong..i hope i can atleast break into the 13's...but if not i wont be discouraged. Im just pumped to go out and have a little fun with the car!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts

Im with ya man lol everyone says you need time on the track and dont expect good times and blah blah blah, only ran the track at max in any car about 10 times on street tires up until last year. 1st trip out this year i ran a 8.49 (converts to a 13.30) on street tires on my 2nd run, and the 1st time EVER on anything else besides a street tire i ran a 8.18 (converts to a 12.78) on dry rotted 17" Nitto 555R's my 3rd pass (both runs on motor N/A), and all i heard was how hard it is to launch a 5spd on dr's from ppl on here. I think everyone on here thinks everyone else cant drive lol good luck and prove us wrong:D

1 - 20 of 54 Posts