Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Saturday April 30th ill be going to Fontana Speedway. 1/4 Mile. Little help.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately the event got canceled.

Mods:

306 CHP H/C/I, Shorty Headers, catted H, full bolt ons,Rebuilt AODE (stock converter), stock suspension, and tuned on 91. Made 260hp

Been waiting for a Test and Tune weekend to get a timeslip, but it looks like I will have to wait.

·
Registered
474 Posts
260 wheel I would think ur touching high 13's like 13.8 would be ur lowest but then again you have an auto which is better grip and if you have a tune ur trans should be shifting alot harder/faster..

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea i am shooting for 13.9s before i get into the suspension, and stall. Maybe some weight reduction would help shave off some ET.

As for the tranny, i sometimes get this hiccup on the 1>2 shift. You can litteraly see the nose of the car dip then it gets going again. It doesnt do this often, but my auto will misshift lol.

Would it be worth disconnecting the front swaybar? Does anyone know how much ET this is worth?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Sounds like your tranny needs some love. Invest in a shift kit when you go to change the stall. You will easily shave off a few tenths of a second.

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
i ran a 13.5 friday night so you should be able to get better than that i would think

( then i snaped and axle shaft)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
245s practically brand new. I'll eventually get bigger stickier meats out back when needed, these still have plenty of burnouts left in them.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like your tranny needs some love. Invest in a shift kit when you go to change the stall. You will easily shave off a few tenths of a second.
Havent looked into one yet, is this a DIY installation? Or best to leave it to tranny shop? The stall ill do myself, with a few buddies for extra helping hands.

Would a tranny cooler be in order after these two mods?

·
Resident Headbanger
2,432 Posts
306 CHP H/C/I, Shorty Headers, catted H, full bolt ons,Rebuilt AODE (stock converter), stock suspension, and tuned on 91. Made 260hp.
You have a slight HP advantage over me but you also have a slight weight disadvantage, no shift kit, no traction upgrades, and a standard ratio AODE (mine's a wide ratio), so I'd say high 13's.
A tranny cooler is adviseable at any time and should even be considered essential if you upgrade to a higher rpm stall converter.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You have a slight HP advantage over me but you also have a slight weight disadvantage, no shift kit, no traction upgrades, and a standard ratio AODE (mine's a wide ratio), so I'd say high 13's.
A tranny cooler is adviseable at any time and should even be considered essential if you upgrade to a higher rpm stall converter.
putting the stang & I in a diet.

·
Resident Headbanger
2,432 Posts
putting the stang & I in a diet.
If you also do the suspension mods that I have plus the shift kit and converter, you should hit low 13's quite easily. If you also add long tube headers, offroad H-pipe, and raise the tranny shift points, you should even hit high 12's.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If you also do the suspension mods that I have plus the shift kit and converter, you should hit low 13's quite easily. If you also add long tube headers, offroad H-pipe, and raise the tranny shift points, you should even hit high 12's.
i would be very happy with a 12seconds street car. TheStang isnt my daily driver, but i still cruise around town and get into your occasional Stoplight drag race. But the higher flowing exhaust and the suspension + tranny upgrades will be the next things on the xmas wish list.

Ill have to post a video of the guages to show the current shift points. 1st gear will swing the engine up to 6k, then 2nd goes at 5800rpm, i think its good since the engine peaks at about 5500. But theres always room for improvement.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Do you have gears installed or stock?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do you have gears installed or stock?
3.73 in a Yukon Diff 28spline axles. The set up feels awesome on the street. Im sure 4.10s would be better, but i do get on the highway for about 20miles round trip to work occasionally.

·
Resident Headbanger
2,432 Posts
Ill have to post a video of the guages to show the current shift points. 1st gear will swing the engine up to 6k, then 2nd goes at 5800rpm, i think its good since the engine peaks at about 5500. But theres always room for improvement.
Did you have the shift points electronically altered?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did you have the shift points electronically altered?
You know, i want there at time of tuning(almost like missing child birth) and im about an hr away from the shop and i never thought to ask, Ill call during lunch.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts