Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Figured I'd share my first experience and mod list for reference. I'm satisfied with the time, but definitely wanna keep going back to improve.
As the car sat:
BBK CAI
75 MM Throttle Body
Trick Flow Plenum
Mac O/R Hpipe
Flowmaster 40's
Subframe Connectors
Steeda Tri-Ax
Diablosport Tune
Vogtland Springs
Koni STR.T shocks
big subwoofers in the back (will be out next time)
full interior
18" Black Chrome FR500's with 295/35/18 Nitto NT05's out back
3:73 gears
Attached are pics of each time slip in order of my runs. Please critique lol.
First Run, I'm car 6323

Second Run tried dumping at 3 grand and spun first

Third Run got a little closer to the first

Then last run got to my first time but couldn't break 13's :sorry

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
not too bad being it was your first time & given your combo.

as to the whole taking your sub box out/etc, leave it in the weight is most likely helping you (as far as launching the car in its current state)& the times generated by a temporary stripped down car are bogus anyway.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Those times are pretty close with mine. first and only time i went the best i did was 14.069 at 100.somthin and all i have is a catback tuner and intake. Bald street tires as well. Once you get the hang of it youll probably be in the thirteens easy. Its all about the launch and figuring out what works best.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Xcectric - it was a new camaro SS, it missed a gear and stopped lol.
Casper - I was all for "keeping the car how it always is" because what's the point of running a faster time then not being the same car after I leave the track? but everyone I talked to was all about taking the sub out.
Arto - I do wanna try at least one run with the sub out and see how it goes!

What can help my 60'? I felt like the car wasn't doing much better than a 2.1, but i've seen people say they can do better than that

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Those times are pretty close with mine. first and only time i went the best i did was 14.069 at 100.somthin and all i have is a catback tuner and intake. Bald street tires as well. Once you get the hang of it youll probably be in the thirteens easy. Its all about the launch and figuring out what works best.
Yeah a guy I went with had basically the same mods as me and was running 13.5's. I just gotta practice and figure out my launch I think. shift to 3rd could improve a tad I think as well

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
I was all for "keeping the car how it always is" because what's the point of running a faster time then not being the same car after I leave the track? but everyone I talked to was all about taking the sub out.

What can help my 60'? I felt like the car wasn't doing much better than a 2.1, but i've seen people say they can do better than that
your on the right track with the weight thing, leave it as is.

don't let the "I'm stipping my car down at the track for an extra tenth (& so all the veteran racers there can laugh at me)" ricer style mentality sway you (that goes for the whole ice on the intake thing as well).

for every 100 pounds you take out you will be a tenth or so faster but if you put it back, you cant claim the time associated with the temporary weight reduction.

as to the 60' thing, experiance will take a tenth or so off but to take a big bite out of it you'll need susp., tires, launch rpm & some way to stabilize the launch rpm (ie. 2-step).

all in all, sounds like you had a good outing & some fun & thats the whole point.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Can't believe nobody has asked the most important question...."DID YOU HAVE FUN?" Remember to keep it fun. Everyone can improve with time but it's important to keep it fun.:D

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Not bad at all man. I managed to run the time under my avi with similar mods and sticky tires my first time at a quarter mile track. I will be going back soon to hopefully drop that time even more and get a 12 second time slip with my nitrous.

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
Nice times for your first time. It typically just gets better from here on out.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not bad at all man. I managed to run the time under my avi with similar mods and sticky tires my first time at a quarter mile track. I will be going back soon to hopefully drop that time even more and get a 12 second time slip with my nitrous.
My buddy that ran the 13.5's on motor with the same mods as me ended up breaking 12's on nitrous lol so you should be fine! and yes I had an awesome time, the vid is on facebook from a friend and I'd post it but I can't take it off FB, I had the other GT, a cobra, a gt500, and 2 other gt's and a shelby gt as well, also an 11 second 3v! it was a great first time. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sh*t I forgot to add my 3:73's to the mod list..hope that doesn't degrade the opinions too much haha

1 - 14 of 14 Posts