Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am new to these forums but I need a little bit of help. I am racing my friend next weekend and he has a 2004 v6 performance engine that was rebuilt and it is like a 4.1 motor or something i dont know. but apparently he has a really fast car. I am looking into some mods that will help me beat him but am not that smart with cars which is why I'm asking you guys.
The first thing I am getting is a tuner. Then next I am getting gears, probably 4.10 with an automatic correct?? Also I was wondering about getting Cams. I havent really read up on them in these forums so idk. Are they good to go on V6s or what? Will they increase my horsepower a good amount?? Im just trying to learn. Thank you for the help in advance. Also if there are any other mods besides superchargers that you would suggest then please tell me!
Also My car is completely stocked out lol. these will be my first mods.
I have a BBK CAI that I already have and im gonna install it as soon as I get the tuner.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I would probably beat it stock...as long as a power adder isn't involved.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
the problem you have so far is we don't know what you have. if you have a bone stock gt then unless he has a power adder you shouldn't worry about it. obviously when someone rebuilds an engine you don't know how much power he's making unless he showed you a dyno.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Remove the spare, jack, doors, fenders, hood, and you got him no problem...seriously we need more specs on the cars.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
you need to post this in the v6 forum... I have no idea about your car..

·
Registered
135 Posts
/thread

1 - 12 of 12 Posts