Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an auto 08 v6. The first time i ran it, it only had an exhaust on it and i ran a 15.44 @89.xx. then i went 3 weeks ago after i got my intake and i ran a 15.6 @90.62 (i messed up). I just went yesterday so now my car has intake, exhaust, 93 octane tune, i ran a 14.9223 @ 92.69mph!!! I didn't launch or do anything different. I was extremely happy to hit in the 14's. :D I really didn't think a tune would make that big of a difference.

I think im going to get gears next, i heard 4.10's were better for an auto? what do you guys think i will run with the 4.10's?

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Wow impressive. I want to go to the track to see what I can run. I definatly recommend that you get 4.10's and Tlok. I imagine you could run 14.5 with that combo.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow impressive. I want to go to the track to see what I can run. I definatly recommend that you get 4.10's and Tlok. I imagine you could run 14.5 with that combo.
Thanks a lot man, yea im almost positive my next mod will be the 4.10's. just have to save up because i heard install is a lot for gears.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
Thanks a lot man, yea im almost positive my next mod will be the 4.10's. just have to save up because i heard install is a lot for gears.
Ya it was a lot. I would get 4.10's myself if it weren't so expensive to do it again.

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
What size wheels and tires do you have?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
there stock, i believe 235/50 18". The only bad thing about 4.10's is a do a lot of driving, and usually at around 60mph so i'll probably be spending a lot more on gas.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how much did they charge you to install the gears?

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
14's is not bad, are you gunning for any better times or do you think you nailed it?
nah i can prob do better, im going again tomorrow i will let you know how i did. prob run some 14.8's maybe even 14.7 if i take off correctly. so after i get gears i should be running really low 14's all day.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
nah i can prob do better, im going again tomorrow i will let you know how i did. prob run some 14.8's maybe even 14.7 if i take off correctly. so after i get gears i should be running really low 14's all day.
you think gears will take off like six tenths??

maybe they do more for the v6 cars...

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just got back from the track tonight, i ran 14.86 @92.90.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
you think gears will take off like six tenths??

maybe they do more for the v6 cars...
idk, but from what i read 4.10's take off about a half a second, so i ran 14.8 that minus .5= 14.3, which i consider low 14's? idk i might be wrong i have never changed gears im just going off of what i have read/heard.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
he is the video of my run, sorry for the shitty quality.

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
you may take off half a second with the gears and really good tires to get the sixty foot down a bit...otherwise i don't think it will be that much. although it will improve

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
you may take off half a second with the gears and really good tires to get the sixty foot down a bit...otherwise i don't think it will be that much. although it will improve
oh, ok so what do you think it should take off, maybe .3 realistically?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
here is another video from later that night, it's a little better then the other video, i believe i ran a 14.9x on this run.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts