Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I just bought my first Mustang. It is a 2001 V6 black w/ black interior. I'm very excited to be a part of the Mustang community. The "new edge" was always my favorite body style and I'm proud to now own one.

I'll jump right in to it and list my plans for the car...

Debadge
"Floating Pony" grille (Paint pony gloss black)
"Colt" Body kit
Smoked taillights/headlights
18' staggered wheels (Black w/red stripe)

Exhaust system
CAI
ECU upgrade
Turbo

I'll start off by asking for recommendations for exhaust kits. What is a good/cheap exhaust kit with dual tips? Thanks!

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
what part of jersey you from man?
Vineland here.

everything you have sounds great!
minus the body kit....NO F-ING BODY KITS. :lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Monmouth, thanks I'll be sure to post some pics when I get a chance. Haha, yea my friend said the same thing but its not ricer looking at all, Its a clean kit, like the Cobra R kit is. I love the Cobra kit, but I don't want to pretend it is so this is my way of personalizing it.

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
OH, ITS A SALEEN copy.
thats not a body kit bud!

thats the sexiest new edge body ever created, next to a mach1 with an 03/04 cobra bumper. :drool

that ****'s legit. :rockon

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whoa I guess it is, I didn't realize that...hmm I don't wanna copy a SALEEN either with my V6, I think I might have to rethink what I'm gonna put on. Thanks for pointing that out!

·
9k All Day.
3,449 Posts
NONONONO, it's sexy!
it doesnt say Saleen on it, and dont promote it as one, or badge it as one, and its all good!

otherwise, a lowered, mach 1 chin spoiler, debaged (and all holes filled in) v6 can be sexy as hell! :yes ;)

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:welcome to MM :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I figured I'd give an update on the status of my car. I wasn't sure if I should put it in the PROJECTS section because I haven't been taking pictures or really logging anything, but anyway here is an update.

So the previous owner I guess decided that the stock Mach sound system wasn't good enough for him so he went and replaced the door speakers with JL audio speakers. Only problem is they were not component speakers so all of the sound was coming through the tweeter. I replaced the front and rear component speakers with Alpine speakers to restore sound to all the speakers. I'm not into car audio at all but it sounds fine to me now and thats the extent of that.

I just finished up spray painting all of my emblems. I was going to just "debadge" the car but Ford insisted on drilling holes in the car for the badges so I didn't feel like getting them plugged up and painted. They actually came out really nice though so I don't mind it. I also painted my "floating pony" black as well. I will be sure to add pics later.

I took apart my gauge cluster and am now waiting for my reverse glow gauges to come in, so I'm really looking forward to installing those.

That's pretty much it for now, however I am still shopping for an exhaust system and am open to suggestions. The guy before me had a true dual setup however, he messed up one of the mufflers and had a shop basically make a reverse Y pipe from the cats to a single exhaust pipe/tip

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
Welcome! I'm from Monmouth too! Farmingdale, to be exact. Live in NYC now though. All the trees got boring.

Car looks nice. I'd say go for some nice suspension next, stock springs make the car look like a 4x4 and the 6'ers have better weight distribution, so you could have quite the little track beast if you were so inclined.

·
Muscle>rice
62 Posts
i had a 2002 v6 as my first mustang and ill tell you first hand that going the cheap route on the exhaust will be a huge mistake. i had to constantly adjust it and i just got tired of it. my v6 was a headache for me but hopefully yours treats you better. manual? Mileage?

·
aloha ke akua
13,177 Posts
i had a 2002 v6 as my first mustang and ill tell you first hand that going the cheap route on the exhaust will be a huge mistake. i had to constantly adjust it and i just got tired of it. my v6 was a headache for me but hopefully yours treats you better. manual? Mileage?
This thread was dead.. He won't read that :lol

Check dates next time :D

·
Behold the black horse...
847 Posts
This thread was dead.. He won't read that :lol

Check dates next time :D
Now it's a zombie thread, cuz he just brought this mofo back to life!

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
:D I thought this was new as well, you aint the only one!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts