Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got to the track w/ my new combo...

Needless to say I am very happy w/ the results...it seems like my S197 was the only one at Cecil breaking into the 11's when there were a bunch of Cars making "more" hp... except they seemed to be struggling w/ the launch...I felt like I was cheating w/ the auto... just hold the brake and give it a little gas... and let her rip when the light turns green. It does not get any easier that that.

On my very first pass ever... I went 11.658 w/ a 1.766 60 ft time in 82 deg weather

Mods to date:
Tillman's Edel E-force stage 1 w/ 3.50 pulley (7-9.5 psi), 450 rhwp SAE
JBA Shorties headers, magnaflow catted x-pipe, SSS Adrenaline axle-backs
100% stock suspension, gears (3.31's), transmission and converter.
Mickey T's drag radial on stock 18" bullitts (265-40-18)

There were a few GT500's that could not get out of the 12's to save their lives... one dude showed me his JPC dyno chart where he was making 572 rwhp.... 615 rwtq... and his 60 ft times were like 2.4 seconds and his best ET was 12.60 (I think).:eek:

Just trying to decide If I should put the stage 2 pulley on and get myself kicked-off for the hell of it...(no roll bar)

My timeslips are attached.
:yes

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
congrats man those are some great times. Horsepower doesnt mean a damn thing if you cant hook. I always have fun beating cars at the track that make more hp lol

·
Registered
418 Posts
Congrats man! The time in my sig was at Cecil County about two months ago. I love that track.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't see an ET in your signature? are you auto or manual and what boost?

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
you will do better with what you have now.. I got better with every trip to the strip w/o changing the car... tire pressure and launch rpm alone will get you into the roll bar zone... congrats on the results... very impressive!!!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Congrats nice runs!!
I know its hard to decide weather or not to put a cage in. I would do the stage 2 anyway, you can always lift.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Nice! I'm guessing you're happy with 3:31 gears. think you may upgrade to 3:73's or higher? Definitely looking at the E-force for mine as well.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
nice times for sure

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
That's awesome bro congratulations. I don't mean to get off subject but, I see you have shorties with cats and x-pype. Are you happy with the sound and performance? Can you PM me a vid? Are those Hi-flo cats?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wow mid 11's with that kind of power and a decent launch
Grey is right, better tire pressure and an ideal launch and you'll be in trouble lol.

Makes me want to get out to the track more and more now >< WTB drag radials plz

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
nice times!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Seems to be a bunch of you in the Maryland area. I've been looking at doing a first time out with mine at Cecil before the racing season ends.

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
whats with the trap time though, is that normal for that ET? or did you let off?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I use to live in Maryland; Cecil is where everyone went to get their best times. I wish I lived closer to Cecil.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Trap Time? I did not let off.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts