Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Houston Raceway Park tonight just to see what it would do.

Mod List:
JLT Cold Air
MGW Shifter
MAC Cat Back Exhaust (stock H-pipe, still have the cats, and stock manifolds)

I had several terrible times but I wont waste your time with those.

I ran a best of 13.9 at 99.78mph. 60' of 2.143.

I was having a terrible time getting traction. I spun off the line more often then not, and if I didn't spin, I bogged (which is what I did on the 13.9 run). I got sideways in every one of my 1-2 shifts. (Of course not completely, but my back end was loose)

I feel with better tires 13.6 ish is definately feesable. What do you thinK?

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Does anyone have anything to compare it to? Are these times good, bad, or average for my mod list?

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
well you can compare to this, i ran a completely stock one to 13.6

·
Registered
638 Posts
well you can compare to this, i ran a completely stock one to 13.6
lol yeah not on stock tires theres no way.

13.9 is pretty good man most people cant break 14.0 with those mods, hell i couldnt. get some gears you can probably flirt with 13.6x with a 2.10 or better launch

ps-from my experiences, bogging is better than spinning unless you fall down to like sub-1k

·
Registered
210 Posts
not bad times hell best i could get mine to run at baytown was a 13.7 on street tires but I was running some crappy fuzion tires

and I had
3.73 gears
bassani x pipe
magnaflow catback
c&l cai w/ dyno tune

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
not bad, i went [email protected] with tri-ax, o/r x, and cat back. street tires will always have issues hooking, just something you have to work on. i went 13.6 last time i went on street tires having bad traction issues as well.

·
Registered
609 Posts
not bad at all!

·
Registered
210 Posts
**** i would think that would have to be with drag radials because my buddy ran his 99gt stock w/ nitto 555rs and in my opinion he is a pretty good driver and best he could pull was a 13.8 and that was launching the piss out of it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I went to Houston Raceway Park tonight just to see what it would do.

I was having a terrible time getting traction. I spun off the line more often then not, and if I didn't spin, I bogged (which is what I did on the 13.9 run). I got sideways in every one of my 1-2 shifts. (Of course not completely, but my back end was loose)

I had same problem at baytown getting loose on 1-2 shifts but wasnt nothing like the 1/8th mile track in angleton i went shortly after they repaved it and my god you talk about getting loose i would break loose going from 2-3 like i would 1-2 at baytown but its been several months since they repaved and they open again this coming up friday hopefully its alot better track now but man everyone I knew complained of how hard it was to hook up on it.

hopefully i get my car back by the 21st of march because i would really like to make it out to lonestar motorsports park in sealy,tx for the supra nationals gonna be alot of badass cars out there.

March 21 (Friday) - 2008 TX2K8 SUPRA NATIONALS - Dyno Day!
Gates Open at 8 am.
$10 to spectate
Concessions Stand Open All Day

March 22 (Saturday) - 2008 TX2K8 SUPRA NATIONALS - 60 to 130 Shootout! Gates Open at 9 am.

March 23 (Sunday) - 2008 TX2K8 SUPRA NATIONALS - DRAG RACING! Gates Open at 8 am.
Easter Egg Hunt for kids 12 and Under!

heres some cars and times from last years 60 to 130 shootout
60 to 130 Classes:

Street Tire Class - this includes all DOT approved, grooved street tires. R-compound tires are also included in this class.

Drag Radial Tire Class - this includes all drag radials in any size.

UNLIMITED Class - this includes all cars outfitted with slicks (ET Streets, ET Drags, Hoosier Slicks, etc...)
Last Year Winning Times:

Street Tire Class - Nick Diep 6-Speed Supra - 6.6

Drag Radial Class - Bob Helms Auto Supra - 4.8

UNLIMITED Class - Stacy Barnett TT Viper - 4.6

Other Car Times for Comparison:

*Denotes that time has been verified by downloading the data and verifying accuracy (making sure there was no data lost during the run)

*4.15 - Bob Helms Autobanh Supra TH400, 88mm Turbo
4.6 - Stacy Barnett TT Viper 6-speed
*4.72 - Peter Blach Autobanh Supra 6-Speed, 78mm Turbo
5.4 - Kelly Martin SRT-10 Viper at TX2K7
5.9 - GSXR 1000 with bolt-ons at TX2K7
6.1 - Saleen S7 Twin Turbo
6.9 - Mosler MT900S
7.0 - Ferrari Enzo
7.3 - Porsche Carrera GT
*7.56 - Vrybad / C5 Z06TT (APS Turbo, no cats, stock muffler, 573 rwhp @ 9.5 psi)
8.6 - Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06
8.9 - Mercedes SLR McLaren
9.1 - Porsche 993 RUF Turbo R (100 octane)
9.4 - Lamborghini Diablo VT 6.0
9.5 - Ferrari F430
9.6 - Ferrari F50
10.9 - Lamborghini Murcielago
11.7 - Ferrari Challenge Stradale
12.1 - Lamborghini Gallardo
12.2 - Porsche 996TT

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not bad, i went [email protected] with tri-ax, o/r x, and cat back. street tires will always have issues hooking, just something you have to work on. i went 13.6 last time i went on street tires having bad traction issues as well.
Yeah, I think that if I got a mid-pipe and headers (removed cats) that I would do alot better. Also, Im going to buy some DR's. How much HP will the rear hold? Transmission. My future plans are some VT stage II cams N/A cams. Will my setup hold with E/T Streets?

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
yes stock tires, 60 foot was a 1.98. and yall do know not to do a burnout on street radials right?

·
Achieving more N/A power!
3,156 Posts
I'm a shitty driver at the track. With all my mods my best is still 13.6 @ 106.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
damn dude you should be low 12s for sure. post up a slip ro something so we can see what your doing wrong

1 - 20 of 50 Posts