Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its time... Got the one car show a year that my car gets entered into this saturday. My buddy Mikey is gonna come over and help me with his circular polisher. He also is bringing all the pads and everything like that. He is bringing Meguires Professional Polish.

Here is what i picked up today.

How do you guys think it will do? He has done it alot before, but is gonna show me the ropes on my car and my dads...

Paint has been in this shape fore about 3 years now...

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Zenith technique is key when using a rotary polish (if your friend is good with a rotary he will know what that is) keep the polisher moving in a steady yet fluid motion. Also watch your edges as all it can take is a second and the clear can be struck through. Don't stay in one area for over 2 seconds especially if your applying pressure and polishing anywhere above 1200 rpm. For plastic and fiberglass panels try and keep your speeds at 900 to 1300 being your max and always feel the panel for heat if it gets warm keep monitoring the temp if it gets hot stop immediately.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

This was with just a polishing compound and a swirl remover so far... still needs glaze and wax.... only got half the car done though too...

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

My Hood, Pitted from wheen i got it, but paint looks good

VERRY VERRY pleased with the results... the pictures dont do the justice. Gonna take it out tomorrow and get some good pictures of it.

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Nice

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
The pics suck lol but even with them not being the best quality i can tell a dramatic difference. Very nice work!

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
Lookin' good matt.

I gotta get the swirls out of mine.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Cant wait for pollen season to be over. :)

Looks so much better, that stuff smells though lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts