Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the beast out at the track for the first time this year (I live in Minnesota). This winter I added some goodies that paid off. Best part of the day was that I broke into the 11's and spanked a GT500 and my buddys 2010 Camaro :D

Here are some details:

Track weather - 60 degrees and cloudy
My Set-up
- Steeda CAI and Evolution Performance 93 Octane Tune
- ARH Headers, x-pipe, Magna flow street exhaust
- UPR - Upper and lower control arms, pan hard bar
- Barton Shifter
- Nitto Drag Radials (275/40/17)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice to see the Rock's up and running. Congrats on the 11's, not a whole lot of people doing that NA.
Thanks man, I enjoy heading out to the Rock. The track was in good shape but because of temps I really couldn't launch it like I wanted. I think I have a couple more tenths I can get out of it.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Sweet videos! And damn that gt500 needs a little lesson in drag! lol

·
Registered
828 Posts
And damn that gt500 needs a little lesson in drag! lol
why? that's a real respectable run for what looks like a near stock GT500...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
why? that's a real respectable run for what looks like a near stock GT500...
Yeah, his best time of the day was 11.84. He had the same problem we all were having...getting a good 60ft.

What I didn't show you was we raced 5 times, I won 3 and he one 2 with one of my wins coming from his system shutting down at half track on a critical failure. He could only idle to the end of the track and had to let it cool for about 30 minutes before it would go.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
My Set-up
- Steeda CAI and Evolution Performance 93 Octane Tune
- ARH Headers, x-pipe, Magna flow street exhaust
- UPR - Upper and lower control arms, pan hard bar
- Barton Shifter
- Nitto Drag Radials (275/40/17)

YouTube - Bob's 2011 5.0 Runs 11's .mpg
YouTube - Bob's 2011 5.0 Race GT500.mpg
YouTube - Bob's 2011 5.0 Runs in the 11's.mpg
This is why I'm jealous of you all and saving up now for a 5.0. My girl is wanting me to get one so bad so I might grab one after I graduate.

Nice runs man. You 5.0 guys have it made :p

·
Registered
577 Posts
Very nice runs, congrats on the 11's!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey '11 5.0 hows the wheel hop since you installed the Upper and lower control arms, pan hard bar???
I launched as hard as the track would allow and I had no wheel hop. It made a huge difference because before it would hop all over the place on hard launches.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This is why I'm jealous of you all and saving up now for a 5.0. My girl is wanting me to get one so bad so I might grab one after I graduate.

Nice runs man. You 5.0 guys have it made :p
Thanks man, with manufacturers upping the ante when you are ready they'll have something even better. You got to love muscle car wars!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts