Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have my new Fluidyne 2 row Aluminum Radiator which is apparently an oem fit. I Have gotten in there and done the tare down and when I attempted to install my new rad where my old rad came out of it is slightly different.
#1 - The new rad has a 1- 1.5" long Protruding screw mount for the electric fan on the driverside. The stock radiator is nearly flat in that spot.

#2 - It doesnt just fit in to the old placement as there is a huge main wiring cluster running from one side of the front end to the other covered in a hard thick plastic covering. I could not see any other way to make the radiator fit other than carefully cutting that cover off and i will need to get some new flexy wire covering and try to tuck them back a bit.

#3 - The solid small lines coming from the traction control are in the way a bit and make it hard but this is something i think can be carefully worked around.

-Direct Fit
Polished Aluminum Tanks
High Efficiency Air Fins
Fits 1997-04 4.6L With Manual Transmission

* Any ideas, Please?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I LOL at this... Because I have been there with the fluidyne...

You should be able to get the radiator in there, it's very tight. As you know it is thicker than OEM. I had to cut off some of the fan mount plastic to get it in.

If you need, I could try to take pictures of my installed flyidyne.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
When I installed my aluminum Mishimoto I had to move the ABS unit back about 1 inch on the frame. I also had to move my battery to the trunk as the corner of the battery was against the radiator.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Please please do brotha

Please hook me up with some detailed pics brotha:cool:
I LOL at this... Because I have been there with the fluidyne...

You should be able to get the radiator in there, it's very tight. As you know it is thicker than OEM. I had to cut off some of the fan mount plastic to get it in.

If you need, I could try to take pictures of my installed flyidyne.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Here are some pics. It is very hard to get pics of the required modifications once everything is together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts