Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
Never heard of them before now. First thing that came to mind after reading the article is the turbonator... doesnt sound like anything I would put on my car. Just another cheap gemmick to get someone rich...

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never heard of them before now. First thing that came to mind after reading the article is the turbonator... doesnt sound like anything I would put on my car. Just another cheap gemmick to get someone rich...
I dunno, Its been in alot of magazines also shows. HorsepowerTV did a whole test on it. They got really impressive results.

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
The turbonator was in every tuner mag imaginable... And had an infomercial on every hour every night... If your already sold on it go for it let us know how it worked out for you...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Been using them in my sleds and Harley for about four years now and they do make throttle response a little crisper and the fuel stays fresher longer. Since I have been using them, I havent had any issues with plugs fouling, but they are in tablet or drop in form for the toys. Not inline like what I think you are talking about. Made a very good improvement for the two strokes.

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Been using them in my sleds and Harley for about four years now and they do make throttle response a little crisper and the fuel stays fresher longer. Since I have been using them, I havent had any issues with plugs fouling, but they are in tablet or drop in form for the toys. Not inline like what I think you are talking about. Made a very good improvement for the two strokes.
Yea its the inline that i was looking at, would you put one on your car?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yea its the inline that i was looking at, would you put one on your car?
I would if I was worried about every little bit of power, but I'm not sure if it would make a huge difference. With the sleds and Harley, they both only have two or three cylinders doing the work and it did make a noticeable difference. Just not sure about a V8, dont have any experience with them. I have been leasing for so long I didnt want to waste my money on something I was going to give back in a couple years.

·
Premium Member
2,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would if I was worried about every little bit of power, but I'm not sure if it would make a huge difference. With the sleds and Harley, they both only have two or three cylinders doing the work and it did make a noticeable difference. Just not sure about a V8, dont have any experience with them. I have been leasing for so long I didnt want to waste my money on something I was going to give back in a couple years.
Thanks for the feedback. Still not sure if i want to spend money on that though.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Fuel Thingy

If I remember, HORSEPOWER'S impressive results was something like 1.3 HP. I'd mount it right next to my Turbonator. I really like HORSEPOWER, but they really are whores.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts