Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the install is the bolts fairly easy to get to? Longtubes are next now and the price is great

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Nope. PIA with pretty much any header you get. I've installed or helped I stall a coue dozen sets of headers on various cars and bikes and these were some of the most memorable of the bunch. There is just not a lot of room to maneuver.

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
Save yourself the headache and just drop the K member if you do it. makes it SO much easier. Thats what I'll be doing when I take the ****ers out

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok well ive done kooks arh and hooker comps, on 3vs and all three werent that bad... I have a lift idk if that makes a differnece to you guys. The hookers driver side tubes are a bit close to the mounting holes i didnt like that about them. But the kooks and arh were pretty easy.

·
Official Thread Killer
10,460 Posts
They were a pain, but nothing crazy... had to remove gloves in a TON of spots... So I just did the whole thing without gloves.

Getting them and the starter to fit... good luck! Unless you have some really crazy tools you'll probably not be putting in one of the 4 or 5 bolts holding in the starter. :shiftyeyes

All in all though... It took me about 5 hours of actual wrench time to do headers and midpipe by myself... for the first time. ever. :dunno

·
Official Thread Killer
10,460 Posts
Nope, I do have a slight rub on the steering bolt... so just a tiny dent there and they should fit 100% no issues :thumb:

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Only thing that was a pain with my install was the starter.. .luckily my buddy has much skinnier hands than me.

·
Official Thread Killer
10,460 Posts
I bought painted and stripped them and re-painted with high temp.... that ended up flaking off because dummy me forgot primer.

...and I'm not pulling those off anytime soon just to re-paint.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
It's getting the 1 top(?) bolt that I could not easily reach....you can, but not with fat hands.

·
Official Thread Killer
10,460 Posts
It's getting the 1 top(?) bolt that I could not easily reach....you can, but not with fat hands.
I left that **** out, the other 3 or 4 have held pretty reliably. :dunno

If I can't start my car one day... at least I'll know what the issue is. :lmao

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I guess that's an idea, although my buddy was able to get it.

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
You have a lift? You'll be fine then. It's really about trying to reach certain positions while on your back that makes it extremely difficult. That top starter bolt just takes a small socket and 1/4" drive with a good extension. On my back its a bitch to get my hand up there to get at it, but on a lift it is easy peasy.

·
Official Thread Killer
10,460 Posts
I just like how they are the cheapest 1 3/4" headers you can get.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

You have a lift? You'll be fine then. It's really about trying to reach certain positions while on your back that makes it extremely difficult. That top starter bolt just takes a small socket and 1/4" drive with a good extension. On my back its a bitch to get my hand up there to get at it, but on a lift it is easy peasy.
Yeah, I did mine in 5 hours on jack stands... maybe 3 hours on a lift. :dunno

1 - 20 of 33 Posts