Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Turbo > blower
13,867 Posts
well i have to get home from this deployment and take them off the car first, so its not really a matter of just getting around to it lol but when they come off i'll send them to you for a killer deal because theyre kinda beat up. the headers need to be sanded down and repainted/recoated, but past that they're fine.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Dont give two hoots about the finish on them. I might have them coated myself.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:01 PM ----------

Ok hit me up

·
Registered
742 Posts
I have the pacesetters. I installed mine when I was waiting on a new transmission to get to me. I figured there was no better time to do it than when there is a giant gaping hole with the tranny removed to install them.

I sanded mine down and sprayed VHT on them. Didnt put primer on them so it looks like crap now since its been about a year and a half. But the looks dont bother me.

The install is a bitch. Most of the bolts are easy but its the ones in the middle on the bottom that are annoying. I have small hands so i got them fairly quickly but it didnt stop my hand from cramping from the crazy positions i had them in turning the bolts. Run the top bolts down first on each one since they are easily accessible under the hood. I remember the steering arm has to come out to get them in there but thats easy, just secure your steering wheel in the straight forward position with your seatbelt. I recommend getting the o2 sensor extension from AM for like 20$ or something like that. Saves time and hassle extending the wires.

They sound good overall and they are a great deal with not costing an arm and a leg.

·
RAT FINK
939 Posts
Man, you guys make a header install sound like some kind of torture method. I never thought installing my JBA's was that bad. I did them on jackstands with the engine jacked up as much as I could.

Yes, two or three of the bolts are difficult to get at, but otherwise I didn't think it was too bad. Did I have some unfair advantage by having flex head gear wrenches?

BTW- one thing I like about the JBA's is that you can remove and install that top starter bolt from the engine bay (with the battery out) because of the way they designed their primaries. Pretty nice.

·
Tig3rb8
1,355 Posts
---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Ok. So worth the 450 for both headers and mid pipe then sounds like
Where did you find them for that price ? Cause I'm looking for some pacesetters too

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
When streetsideauto.com has them in stock they can be had for 430-450. That's where I bought mine.

·
Official Thread Killer
10,460 Posts
21 - 33 of 33 Posts