Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I can't turn up any info with a search... Anybody have recommendations for fittings for the stock valve covers without having to drill them? Wanting to run hoses from both to a vented catch can.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
do you want to use AN fittings? i used a -10AN bulkhead like this if i remember right. i had to remove the baffles under the cover and dremel out the hole a little so it would fit. i then re-installed the baffles with slight clearance modification.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fra-483110-bl/overview/

·
6 Cylinduh, Really Bruh?
5,215 Posts
Not to thread jack, but I bought a jlt catch can from AM. One end goes to the pcv valve and the other end goes to where the pcv valve connects to the plenum. I didn't gut the pcv valve or anything. It's also a non vented catch can. Can't you just do that? It seems to work fine and catch a ton of bypass unfortunately. I did this when my valve stem seals were bad and after idling for a bit shoot a ton of smoke out the rear

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kyle2002, I was considering using AN fittings but was hoping there were some made to fit the covers with out modification . Do you feel they are necessary? Think it would leak running hoses off the stock fittings to remote breather? I'll only be making about 8psi.

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Kyle2002, I was considering using AN fittings but was hoping there were some made to fit the covers with out modification . Do you feel they are necessary? Think it would leak running hoses off the stock fittings to remote breather? I'll only be making about 8psi.
you dont need to use AN fittings. you can run a hose off of each of the factory gutted pcv valves to a vented can.

what do i mean by gutted? well theres a check ball in each one that needs to be removed. simple as that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts