Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I replaced my stock manifolds with my pathetic shorty headers, and I got an offroad X pipe, I would get the p1000 code. My CEL never lit tho but when I hooked up my tuner to it, it would always show p1000. I had my rear 02 sensors disconnected so it was inevitable that I would get this code.

SO I found out that if you just stick the 02 sensor in some spark plug foulers and turn the 02 sensors back on.... BAM! Code was gone! This just extends the O2 sensor so it's not directly in the exhaust flow, so it doesn't pick up all the bad stuff lol.

I'm sure some people knew about this, but to everybody else who wants the sexy sound of an offroad mid pipe but didn't want a p1000 code, there you go! Foulers are pretty cheap too by the way... about $4

·
Registered
267 Posts
Sweet. Good stuff

·
Registered
13,628 Posts
It's also not a 100% fix. A few have not had success with this but for the price it would be the first option in my book. Some have also had success with hardwiring in a resistor on the return signal from the sensor. Kinda like the old mil eliminators.

Me, I just welded in cats and swap my mid-pipe for smog.

·
Noob
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some people don't because it's a hit or miss... You can use one fouler and risk getting a code for the nasty exhaust. If you use two you might risk the O2 sensor not heating up so that could throw a code. I personally used two and had success.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts