Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the track tonight i ran 8.3 85mph 1.8 60 ft. I though it was pretty good besides bad wheel hop. Anyway to keep this tech related whats a good set of mods to get rid of the wheel hop. Oh and this was on all motor no spray.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
BMR Upper control arms and Lower control arms should fix it!!

·
Registered
13,629 Posts
BMR Upper control arms and Lower control arms should fix it!!
+1 and if those springs gave you any kind of drop I would suggest relocation brackets for the LCA's. Shocks may help also.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Yeah, my car used to wheel hop real bad. Any good lower control arms and relocation brackets will go a REAL long way to reducing wheelhop. I have BMR lower arms/brackets, BMR springs, BMR panhard bar, and Bilstein shocks/struts (which really aren't the best for drag racing), and have zero wheel hop now. I cut 1.8s on street tires with 4.10s, so something back there works.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I have no wheel hop at all with pro kit springs, koni sport shocks, bMR relocation, bmr lcas, and a Che panhard bar... I run drags too...

·
Registered
773 Posts
+1 on all that, I got everything except the Upper control arms, they are a bitch to install and I don't really need them. I don't hit the track a ton but I can tell you when I burn into 2nd and 3rd gear, the rear end is smooth.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
nice times, pretty strong trap speed.

UCA, get some more articulation, like with welded reloc brackets. whats your pinion *? set to somewere in 2.5-2.9 range...

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
+1 on all that, I got everything except the Upper control arms, they are a bitch to install and I don't really need them. I don't hit the track a ton but I can tell you when I burn into 2nd and 3rd gear, the rear end is smooth.
We only have one upper control arm:yes

BTW: BMR FTW

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone will be getting nmr upper and lower control with relocation brackets for christmas..:)) ANd for my pinion angel i have no idea. So my time not to bad??

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
time is good for how your set up.. but wheel hop will break stuff so keep it to a minimum

·
Registered
623 Posts
J&M billet lowers + CHE upper = NO WHEEL HOP !

·
"Spectre" Veteran
492 Posts
+1 to control arms. Rubber CAs cause the flex that induces it on a grippy tire! That's what destroyed the bearings in my rear end...and my driveshaft, costing some relatively expensive repairs; luckily I would've done the driveshaft eventually, so I got a couple mods out of it. Now for the bearings this weekend :(

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Hello
This is just a suggestion for you everyone to fix there wheel hop issues and increase there traction performance! I just wanted to leave you know that UMI Performance offers a wide variety of suspension parts that my be of interest to you! Such as when it comes to wheel hop and traction issues I would highly suggest one of our traction packages. Below is a link to show you what I am explaining.

2005-2010 Ford Mustang Rear Anti-Hop Kit- Stage 1 [103560] - $199.99 : UMI Performance, Inc.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I will be more than glad to help.
Thanks
Brad :D

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Thanks everyone will be getting nmr upper and lower control with relocation brackets for christmas..:)) ANd for my pinion angel i have no idea. So my time not to bad??
Who is nmr? Did you mean mmr? I havent heard anything good about them if thats who you weret alking about... Y wouldnt you just go with one of the brands that has been proven to kick ass?:eek:

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i mean bmr the b and n r right nest each other on the keypad.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
oh ok BMR is the ****!

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
If you do not want to replace the mount than I suggest you either go with the Steeda or buy the stepped washer from Steeda otherwise it's highly probable that you'll run into an issue with 'clunking' from the UCA. The hole is 17mm and the bolt is 14mm so you've got a lot of slack. The stepped washer is going to take that slack up so it's a tight fit.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Those are awesome times. I had good luck with Steeda LCA and BMR UCA. Both are non-adjustable, but I don't plan on lowering my car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.