Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyway so i put alpine door/rear decklid speakers in. even before i had them in, my doors rattled to hell. yesterday i finally got tired of it and found a way 2 fix it... incorrectly, but it works.

if you take off your door panel, get a power drill, and 2 screws (one for each side).

on your factory bracket (big plastic dealer ma jig) is where it is most likely rattling. turn on your radio with your door panel off, on a song w/ high and repetative bass (so you can push against the bracket to find which part is lose) and if it is the bracket, there should be 2 less-thick parts of the bracket (like the bottom left and upper right) and you can fit the screw through easily.
~~!!!you can also reach your hand up behind the bracket, and feel and make sure there is no wires!!!~~~ ---DO THIS FIRST--- and if you dont have and wires behind the metal that the bracket is screwed to (mine didn't), screw a nail through the bracket and metal.

vwahlah--no more rattling doors!:D
(while your down there after you fix that you'll notice some parts of your door still rattle a small amount, to minimize it to the fullest, go through and tighten up all the bolts on your door. there is two different sizes on each door.)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and the reason why i said 94-98 is because i have a 98... so i dont know about other years, and didn't want to mislead. :p

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
or shove dynomat behind it ;)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
heh, well, this costs like $0
dynomat is like 25 a roll off dynomat site, this is a inexpensive alternative that works. although ill prolly end up matting the doors with dynomat anyway, just cuz i can lol.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
i was just picking man, i did the same thing you did to my 00

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ahh so it does work for 99-04? thats pretty cool

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
yeah those plastic baffles are junk

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
in the middle of it i had decided to just take it out and use the alpine bracket, but i couldn't get the damn stock one off...i dont know how to get the screws or whatever it is that are holding them in, out. so i went and just screwed another screw in it. it stopped the rattle. everything still rattles when i turn on "The Whisper Song" though lol. that song has got to have the most bass ever:X

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
you have to pry those baffles off lol

·
Rainbows Mechanic
1,612 Posts
hmmm something for me to do sometime...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts