Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is this, where do i bolt it and what does it hook up to at the end. it looks like its coming from the firewall.

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
Flux capacitor. Connects to mr fusion

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Looks like the fuse box :dunno which goes beside the battery

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Is that the drivers sie? I understand that there is a ccrm in the fenderwell but thought it was on the passenger side.

From the bolt pattern on the bracket and the matching bolt pattern on the frame right behind it I would guess that is where it goes. I have no clue what it connects to.

You can always go out to a junkyard and tear off a fender and see exactly where it goes and how it hooks up. It might be worth the $2 fee for going on the yard.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
its on the drivers side and the guy that just stopped by to pick up my rims i was selling said it looks like the cruze controll but he isnt sure

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
can you get a pick of the other end of the cable? The cruise control cable has a very unique end piece.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
Yup, That's cruise control. If you look at your throttle body where your accelerator cable hooks up, underneath it you will see a little nub. That is where that hooks up.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i found it but could you show or tell me where it bolts in i just cant seem to find it.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I have never traced mine to the source. I don't know for sure where it goes. Give it a little time and maybe some one that knows for sure will chime in.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Yep, definitely cruise control. Looked at mine, its hidden inside inner fender on drivers side. If you find pattern of holes that fits and no interference, I'd say that's where it goes.

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I don't have any photo editing software but it looks like the offset bolt holes in the bracket line up with the offset bolt holes right behind where you have it sitting in your picture. The bottom hole on the frame has a notch in it right beside that rectangular opening if you see what I mean.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
unfortunatly it doesnt quite fit its off just ever so much and wont go down enough to be able to be bolted in

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i think i will just do without cruise controll for a bit lol. no biggie

·
Rollin' 18/ pushin' 2
8,333 Posts
I broke out my dealer service manual. It on mounts the door side of the frame. You can see two small holes in this pic, I think that is where it goes. It orients with the wires coming in from the front of the car and the round part pointing towards the fender. Here is the pic from the manual:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
nice thanks when it gets back from the auto shop i will bolt it in. its gettin a whole new front end. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts