Modded Mustang Forums banner

flat black

9K views 16 replies 14 participants last post by  recore 
#1 ·
i'm leaning towards the flat black paint on my 05 gt but i haven't really seen enough of them or heard anybody talk about them enough to really commit so if anyone has one throw me a picture if you don't mind or even give me your thoughts on the flat black look

#6 ·
+1 I'm not a big fan of having the whole car flat black

Now doing something like this...

That way you still have your original paint and you can do it in carbon fiber or anything that you want.

#7 · (Edited)
Cars generally don't look very good with a full flat/matte black paint job (the exception being high end sports cars like Ferrari's and Lambos oddly). It looks cheap, like you just threw on some black primer and hit the road. If you don't want gloss black, go for a nice satin black, maybe with some gloss racing stripes. Now that would be sick.:yes

#9 ·
Couldn't find one of an S197 but here's one of a fox body and a new edge.

#13 ·
If you throw in some accents like racing stripes or side c-stripes ect.... my buddys car is flat black and it looks alright but honestly I dont think its the best paint job. My bike is flat black but has pinstriping on it and looks good that way. Flat black is pretty easy to keep clean too. Just wash it off with water and soap if its got bugs or tar on it... also easy to fix if it gets scratched.

#15 ·
Like said before, you'll want satin not flat black. Flat looks too much like a chalk board and its really unforgiving with inperfections. Satin does a better job of hiding them.

#17 ·
+1

Great way to find a color you like. I wonder the cost of material and installation though. Not much pricing info online that I could find. 2500 3500 for custom advertising wrap, seems plain black would be cheaper. Still no small sum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.