Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody run a bolt on flex-a-lite fan or something similar ? Any reviews ?

Need a fan and thinking of trying one . But it's steel and needs a spacer .

·
Registered
11,200 Posts

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
I don't think he's talking about the electric one, Ryan. My buddy ran one of those for a while. Ungodly loud wind noise. Car kept cool though. I personally hated it and so did he. He's running electric now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry , i meant a regular bolt on flexalite fan . It doesn't have a clutch so you have to use a spacer .

I was wondering if any gains could be had from one of these . It says it makes less drag at higher rpms because of the flex .

But really i would go with a oem fan if i can find one around here by sunday .

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Haha.. ive been doing that a lot lately... just skimming, I need to start reading the whole question...lol

Sorry, my bad

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Haha.. ive been doing that a lot lately... just skimming, i need to start reading the whole question...lol

Sorry, my bad
Don't worry I've been doing the same. But yes they are a bit noisy.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
I ran an anodized flex a lite in my Camaro. It worked great with no noise. On the other hand I recently took a look at a built 84 Chevy Step Side 4x4 with a flex a lite in it and the fan was louder than the exhaust. I read up on them when I put in my aluminum radiator, waterpump, and theromostat into my 5.0. From everything I read they weren't recommended for the Mustang. I would leave the stock fan or go with an electric.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I bought a used oem ford fan from a person locally , who is also a member here . Terminator-Fox .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts