Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My shop I went to welded my dual exahust on, this guy at AM said that I need to have flex joints in my exhaust, thats why my manifold cracked, and my new headers will over time too? I still dont understand this, does anyone know what to do?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
you dont need flex joints on your exhaust. all you need is headers, midpipe and catback lol

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
If your manifold is cracked it's most likely due to the condensation from your a/c dripping on the manifold. I'm guessing your passenger side manifold was cracked on the flange right before it mounts to the y-pipe.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
i've heard of this happening before...and the solution was to have a shop weld a piece of metal where the condensation drips on the manifold to act like a small roof for it to bypass safely...

·
Attention Grabber
218 Posts
+1
Yea 6er's right, my buddy had this same problem, the shop just put a covering where the a/c was dripping...problemo solved!!

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
If this HASN'T happened to you you're lucky. As said, a plate can be welded to block the drip, or a hose can be inserted to divert the water.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts