Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 91 5.0 with moderate mods... I noticed it has Flo-Pro mufflers. I want to switch to Flowmaster for that iconic sound I remember from my 92 I had. Question is, I read on a few other forums that the design is better on the Flo-Pro than the Flowmaster... any truth to that?

·
902 Posts
who needs mufflers?

·
Registered
342 Posts
I would put the money towards other things, just my opinion, since your car already has an aftermarket exhaust

·
Registered
581 Posts
Flows kill exhaust flow, oddly enough. Tiny piping internally. Like posted, spend money elsewhere.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'm with ya, I just like the sound.... Typical stanger..... Anywho.... Already has GT40 upper, full length BBK, off-road H, E303 cam, Everything else... 373, pullleys, AC Delete.... where else should I go? The thing just isn't as vocal as I want it! http://youtu.be/aRTdXi0lejM

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
I love flowmasters , i had them on my 85gt, i had them on my 91gt and now i have flowmaster super 10s on my 91gt now.

but I'm afraid that you wont hear a lot of positives about them on this forum, a lot of flowmasters haters around here:tomato;)

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
It's not that flowmasters suck. I just don't understand why people want what everybody else has. I don't even turn around and look when I hear assmasters, because it's like hearing stock exhaust. I like mine to have a different sound, so when people hear it, it's something they notice.

Flowmasters are the glasspacks of our generation. I have Hooker Aero Chambers, but there are lots of mufflers I'd pick over assmasters.

·
Registered
382 Posts
the Hookers Aeochambers are a baffled muffler- anybody know of a sound bit of them?
Here is one but it's a Chebbie: http://www.holleytv.com/video_detail.php?mId=1598

Ebay has a guy in Alabama (I think) that sells a pair of chambered Flowmaster knockoffs he makes that are aluminum coated inside and out for $50 a pair.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
69fastback brings up a good point , so i think that every one who has flowmasters should get rid of them and buy magnaflow that way when i keep my flowmasters ill be the uneek one and every one else will sound the same...magnaflow will be the new sounding stock exhaust.....lol;)

But on a serious note, i agree that flowmaster is over done, but at this point in my life im stuck on them, im getting to old to change, im getting stuck in my old ways ha ha

·