Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive been looking around for some gt40p heads for my car, and have found a set for pretty cheap. The guy at the junkyard said they got the explorer in and it was flooded so they went ahead and pulled the heads. Would the flood have affected anything?? Im not sure if the vehicle breathed in the water or not, but I am going to go look at them later today.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
nope get them... just bring them to a machine shop and have them pressure checked and resurfaced and have them check the valve seats..

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While I have them at the shop I was going to have them worked a little. What would you guys recommend? Porting? Valve job? My goal is around 300rwhp with my bolt ons, and a custom grind.

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
While I have them at the shop I was going to have them worked a little. What would you guys recommend? Porting? Valve job? My goal is around 300rwhp with my bolt ons, and a custom grind.
Allways get a valve job on ??? used heads. You can opt for a 3 angle. Get new springs, retainers and locks. I had Mine milled .030".

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
if u can get a 5 angle valve job with the machines they have now like at my machine shop(the one i go to) it does a 5 angle in one step. have some bowl work done always have them put on a flow bench. gasket port them to the felpro oversize gaskets. find out what c/r u will have when u mill them before u do..

·
Registered
5,029 Posts
you might hit 300 fwhp but not rwhp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts