Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, right now I am still at the stock exhaust system. I had a 97 mustang.. got trashed when my girlfriend rear ended me( Lol domination? )
It had dual exhaust and that sounded pretty badass. I miss the sound. So.. I was planning on doing the flowmaster 40s on my 01( Guess its best since everyone seems to like it ) and I found it here in town.. like 82 bucks.. not bad.. I asked the guy what about the full installation.. He told me around 450 for dual.. The other local shops telling me about 800.. However.. I also did some more research.. I was told if I switch my exhaust out.. I need to change my headers as well... So I looked up prices for those as well... Quite costly on some.. in the future I was planning on throwing a s/c on my car.. Which I was told that also takes a special header to control the output or w/e... So.. am I better off waiting to change my exhaust and such out.. Or... Go for the exhaust... Also I had a MAC Longtube CAI on my 97.. I was planning on doing an CAI on my 01.. Do I need to do anything special to my car before gettin one? Or am I able to just get the piece and install it on?

Basically I would like some suggestions on what you guys would do or maybe what order :)

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Alright, right now I am still at the stock exhaust system. I had a 97 mustang.. got trashed when my girlfriend rear ended me( Lol domination? )
It had dual exhaust and that sounded pretty badass. I miss the sound. So.. I was planning on doing the flowmaster 40s on my 01( Guess its best since everyone seems to like it ) and I found it here in town.. like 82 bucks.. not bad.. I asked the guy what about the full installation.. He told me around 450 for dual.. The other local shops telling me about 800.. However.. I also did some more research.. I was told if I switch my exhaust out.. I need to change my headers as well... So I looked up prices for those as well... Quite costly on some.. in the future I was planning on throwing a s/c on my car.. Which I was told that also takes a special header to control the output or w/e... So.. am I better off waiting to change my exhaust and such out.. Or... Go for the exhaust... Also I had a MAC Longtube CAI on my 97.. I was planning on doing an CAI on my 01.. Do I need to do anything special to my car before gettin one? Or am I able to just get the piece and install it on?

Basically I would like some suggestions on what you guys would do or maybe what order :)
Slap whatever idiot told you that.

·
Registered
304 Posts
if you pay more than 400 for an exhaust your retarded and dont bother with anything other than long tube headers..unless you go turbo. as for the header install once you get em its pretty easy then just drive to the shop with open headers to get your exhaust welded up for like 25-50 bucks top

1 - 4 of 4 Posts