Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just wanted to throw out some advice for those of you wanting to get a better exhaust sound.. but now quite willing to pay the coin for duals for a while. I experimented and threw on a Flowmaster 40s muffler on my 02v6 today. At first I didn't expect much of a difference, especially after reading on forums. To my suprise, when i started my car for the first time it felt completely different. My exhaust gave off the muscle car (mustang) growl i had prayed for and i drove about 50 miles on it afterwards. I noticed you get nice deep throaty muscle feedback especially in the lower rpms. Very pleased with the whole deal. Got it from Americanmuscle for 70 and only had to pay 30 to install it. Wish i had done it earlier.
- I also have a AM CAI, idk if that helped make a difference, and I know i won't get a better tone than the duals.. but still very pleased

·
Registered
902 Posts
my friend did a single 40 on 98 mustang andloved it. I agree with mcqueen though dual 40's are pure :love

·
El Torchy
4,706 Posts
I'm glad you're quite happy with it. I had the same setup for a while... IMO it's just a tad louder and deeper sounding than stock. I'm sorry but there is no "growl" whatsoever... :no

But hey.... It's your car...

In the long run you'll want to get duals... At least you'd only worry about getting 1 more flow40!;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hah true. , that's in the near future hopefully, still keeping gears as top priority.
PS: 2-0 against ricers today, i feel accomplished.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
stop street racing lol...one street racing ticket and you're ****ed at your age ;)

take it to the track...i know i've sworn that **** off
I agree. 3 tickets and 7 warnings was what it took to get it through my head..

I didn't like the fact that I had to get the state of oklahomo $750..

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
I agree. 3 tickets and 7 warnings was what it took to get it through my head..

I didn't like the fact that I had to get the state of oklahomo $750..
well between me having a few close calls with cops & my friends cobra taking a spill i've given it up. Went to the track instead...best $10 a person can spend lol for open track days

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
well between me having a few close calls with cops & my friends cobra taking a spill i've given it up. Went to the track instead...best $10 a person can spend lol for open track days
Lucky. Its 15 hear. But from what I seen/heard, it is the best 1/4 in OK. But yes. It's like you own insurance policy. No cops, not tickets, no slow cars to pass, no little kids on bikes, and if you do have an accident, it is understandable, and you don't have to worry about killing someone else.

But I do have to say that I occasionally do some 1-to-2s on some ricers that need a spanking. But that's just for fun at dead stop lights in broad daylight..

·
Registered
91 Posts
4 weeks max and you'll be sad your car isn't louder
+1 to that, but it's the sound more than the volume. It's plenty loud, but getting a little more ricey than I care to admit.

Good advice with just "scaring them" too. Scaring some wannabe in their POS scion TC is always rewarding and if they try to race and you don't then guess who looks like the d-bag to everyone near you? Not to mention how emotionally scaring it would be if you lost in that race.

I learned my lesson back in HS. All my friends would race down this one 4 mile long road that was usually empty until one moron thought it would be smart to pass on a blind hill going 90+. He had to juke off the road to avoid an oncoming car, smacked a tree, and died of internal bleeding several days later. Moral of the story is that if there was no oncoming car that would have never happened. Track = no civilian traffic to worry about.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
watch the TC's...n2o makes them quick little bastards on the track

as for the racing stuff...when i was in highschool i watched a 240 and a civic try to race down the hwy leaving my school...somehow the 240 ended up under the back of the short bus...and no im not making that up

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
You can always change it to duals later on if you wanted too. Im glad i went with the complete setup when i did my exhaust. I still love the sound even years after ive done it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
as for the racing stuff...when i was in highschool i watched a 240 and a civic try to race down the hwy leaving my school...somehow the 240 ended up under the back of the short bus...and no im not making that up
I have a better one. Some chick at my school rear ended a bus in (shudders) a mustang during stop and go traffic. Now tell me how that's possible?

Yes that's the good part about exhaust is that it can always be switched around. Just be careful when using the same parts because you don't want them to be cut and welded too many times.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts