Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im ready to upgrade the exhaust.

Where can I get the best deal?

also I was wondering where I can get the piping from behind the mid pipe back.

the owner before me backed my car onto a curb or something and bent my tip and now its not in the bumper groove correctly and I want to replace it.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
you can get a real nice catback exhaust from american muscle or summit for about 400 bucks and am has free shipping!

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have the extra for all aftermarket catback.

if anything id just get tips.

the only thing i want really is the tips fixed and the 40's.

school is expensive. :(

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
ic try summit or jegs i believe that the 40's are about 80 bucks a piece not sure about the tips though.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you can get some macs for 109 shipped,sounds like flow but better and louder and some summit racing tips
they dont have a unique sound im looking for with an h pipe. ive done way too much youtube crap to buy something and be disappointed though I appreciate all the good help. in the event that i wasnt so stuck on the 40's Id be realy stoked right now. i almost bought some series 10 race mufflers. 100 each though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
AM sells the mufflers if you can use offset/offset... Mustang Mufflers and Resonators at AmericanMuscle. as for the tips, i would go to a local muffler shop and see how much they are. i know around me i can get tips for around 40 each, otherwise id search google or ebay for what you want.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
i had those 10 series ,trashed them,don't go that route ,,the macs sound alot better in person,a well as all the others.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Usually the tubes behind the muffler through the axle are called "Flow Tubes". I actually believe Flowmaster sells them.

·
Registered
114 Posts
where can you get macs for $109 shipped?? this sounds like a nice deal is it both mufflers for that price?

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Whats the stop offset/ center crap for the stock hpipe and axle back/flowtubes so that ill know which mufflers are the right ones to fit.

checking out the above website and dunno which ones fit.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
also theres another thread discussing 40's vs 44's.

are the offroad 44's illegal? i like the sound of this clip but i want legal so keeping the stock h pipe, will 44's be legal? i really like that sound the car makes at slow accel through i guess 2500-3500 rpms.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
If you want a cheap cat back try Craigslist. I got my Bassani catted X-pipe for $175 (new) and Flowmaster American Thunder catback for $200 (used, stickers not burnt off yet). You just have to spend sometime looking around online for it.

·
Registered
689 Posts
u can get the summit chambered mufflers and they are the exact same as flowmaster 40s for $68 shipped. thats what i did and it cost me $50 to have them welded on. sounds good.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts