Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i have found the mufflers i want and now i need to know what size piping i need to get? And also whats the normal length for mustang tips/ ?? by 3 inches

·
Registered
990 Posts
piping - as long as you arent going FI, go ahead and get 2.5 inch piping.
tips - tips are up to everyone and what they like. i have 3 inch tips and like the way they look, however i wouldnt mind having 3.5 inch tips

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whats FI?
Do you like your flowmaster 40s

·
Registered
389 Posts
whats FI?
Do you like your flowmaster 40s
forced induction, such as a turbo or supercharger

I'd go 2.25'' unless you will go FI later. If that's the case, go with 2.5''

Many people like the 40s. Try to find some exhaust clips on youtube, but keep in mind that video quality doesn't always do the exhaust justice.

·
Registered
990 Posts
yeah man i love my flows, wouldnt mind having them louder, but thats just me. i like exhaust as loud as possible lol

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Haha I have to agree with you there. When I got my exhaust installed I figured it would be loud enough with stock headers and I would never need LT headers. Changed my mind and that's on my list of mods that will eventually be done :p

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
i had flows...i have thrushs now...but i think when i redo my exhaust for my new rear bumper i might get flow paths...i also like 3.5" tips

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
forced induction, such as a turbo or supercharger

I'd go 2.25'' unless you will go FI later. If that's the case, go with 2.5''

Many people like the 40s. Try to find some exhaust clips on youtube, but keep in mind that video quality doesn't always do the exhaust justice.
Ya I dont plan on doing any of that in the near future

·
Registered
27 Posts
if your not doing FI and you want a louder exhaust, smaller pipes will give you better resonance due to the low flow of a 6er. anything above a 2.5" pipe is for v8 only because it will starve the engine. so when u get the flows, (which sound real good on a 6) make sure the piping is 2.5" or below

·
Registered
978 Posts
yeah i love my 3.5 in tips. look so sexy! :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
+1 on flow's

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Alright im taking her to a shop so should i say i want divorced duals? or is an H or X better?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Alright im taking her to a shop so should i say i want divorced duals? or is an H or X better?
If you want a midpipe, I'd definitely suggest an H over the X. I ended up getting straight duals since a midpipe does nothing performance wise on our cars, and I didn't think the extra "mellow" was necessary.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds good

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
^ Which do you like better, flows or the thrush? Are the flow 40s and flow paths similar?
well...with stock headers i like the thrushs..however i'm picking up some LT's from a friend January and im going to go back to Flow 40s because they are already louder...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Another question here. I just went to a shop and they wanted $420+ without tips. I wanna know where you guys are going to get them for 200ish

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
i bought my mufflers from Advance Auto ($39 each)...paid for tubing and install for about $100 at a local muffler shop...and picked up some tips for free from a friend because he didn't like 3.5" slash tips...

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You have the thrush welded right? Was it like USA Muffler or anything like that? BC I really dont want to spend $400+ for exhaust

1 - 20 of 28 Posts