Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really would like to get the Flowmaster axleback kit but would like some feedback from those of you that have it. I do alot of highway driving and don't want to have to listen to it drone all day. Is it bad on the highway at 2k rpms? I don't want to have to yell over the noise to talk to the passangers.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
not at all. mine dont drone very bad at all and ive been driving on the highway in 4th lately cause my clutch was going out

·
Registered
59 Posts
GTAs with an X-Pipe sound good and don't drone at all at any RPM range.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i just am looking at the axleback kit so am wondering if it is too loud in the interior by itself

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have had the american thunder axle back kit for my 06 stang for a year now

honestly, it sounds great at idle. and great driving around too. but highway IS ANNOYING AS F***. i have a loud stereo system so it drowns it out but the drone gets annoying on long highway drives.

the single axle back costs about $200 on american muscle..

save your money and put it towards a true dual exhaust kit. your gonna wanna do this a year from now..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the input T-Money...I'm going to do a x-pipe true dual conversion as soon as I can save the money for a GT500/CS rear bumper cover!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
no problem. im doing the cs rear as well. but just a suggestion to save you money and make the car sound alot better. find yourself a factory gt h pipe, hollow out the cats, get the pypes gt axle over pipes and the gt american thunders. thats what i did and the sound is amazing. imo x pipes dont sound very good. they usually offer more performance but its not going to be enough to notice on our cars

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have an h-pipe and Flowmaster AT and they sound great! They're not loud at all in the cabin, and you can have a good conversation no matter how slow or fast you're driving.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts