Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think these mufflers sound good, but I am worried about drone. For anyone running these, is there any drone? Right now I have Stingers, and I like the sound, but can't stand the drone at 1700-2000 RPM, which unfortunately just so happens to be the cruising RPM around 50 MPH so I hear it a lot.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have them and love them, but they do drone a good bit at 60 with stock gears. But I love for mine to drone, reminds me of the little beast under the hood.

·
6 Time ROTM Loser!
5,163 Posts
yes they will drone as well. they have the super series witch causes less drone (what i plan on getting). super 40s and super 44s are what people get, but you have to buy it seperate. and ya, changing gears will help to because its shifting the cruise rpm.

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
I have the 44 series with O/R H pipe. They drone, like a MOFO. But, who gives a sh*t. At WOT they sound sick as hell!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
DRONE!!. LMAO, try american thunder aggressives, mac long tubes, mac off road prochamber, and brenspeed detroit rocker super charger cams. its drone from hell, but i love it

·
Yut Yut Devil Dog
4,591 Posts
Same. I really don't give a sh*t about drone. It vibrates the entire damn car! LMAO!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ihave had both stingers and the american thunder the aggressive square ones. Yes they both drone. The stingers sounded better under WOT, I left the flows on because they sound better with the muthr thumprs at idle.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mine did drone (super 44s) untill i got an o/r H and now its alot less drone....its got that sound now that every stang should have...grrrrr lol

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
my cams make the GRRR and thump thump thump sound. THATS what a muscle car should sound like

·
Registered
789 Posts
My mid mufflers have tons of drone, the 4.10s helped but its still there. Sounds mean though I like a little noise sometimes

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
My flow 40's drone reall nice like

·
Registered
961 Posts
my pype bombs drone, but only when i'm cruising at 60mph. good think i have 4.10s, 70-75mph sounds nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts