Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok im convinced im changing to the classic flowmaster sound but i have one question, there is a video that i saw on youtube and i just loved the way this car sounded, and in the comments he says he has flowmaster part number 42543C which i guess is a special series of the classic 40 series muffler, now is there a sound difference between that muffler and the regular 42543 part number 40 series? what do the special limited editions mean? and here are the links to the mufflers so you guys can get a better idea of what im talkin about

42543C mufflers
Classic 2 Chamber : Flowmaster Inc. Exhaust Shop, Love That Sound!

regular 42543 40's
Aluminized Steel : Flowmaster Inc. Exhaust Shop, Love That Sound!

is there any sound difference on these, i did notice the 42543c are box shaped, didnt know if that had an effect on sound or not, but i am positive i want to go with the classic 40 series though, and also do i need a 2.5 inch inlet and outlet on the muffler if i am running 2.5 inch piping or can i get away with using 2.25 inlet and outlet and i know that may seem like a stupid question

thanks for the help guys and oh here is the youtube video :)

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
The thing of it is, is that a 200hp car is going to sound different than a 300hp car and a 400hp car will also sound different with the same exhaust system. Or if you have a X or H-pipe, long for short tube heades will also vairy the sound of your exhaust. So your car is probably going to sound different that most exhaust clips you hear in youtube!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ yeah i understand that, the one in the video has the same exhaust as me except for headers which are going on soon, and that i currently am running MAC mufflers on mine

hmm wonder if anybody would be interested in them when i get the flows put on :shiftyeyes

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
MAC mufflers would most likely sell. And the only complaint I have of my flowmaster 40s, is that they ****in DRONE. Just consider this when buying them...Otherwise they sound awesome man. I'll take an exhaust clip of it sometime and post it up here...Just keep this at the top so I remember lol. Also remember, my compression level isn't stock, so it will sound different.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow "grip" they are really that quiet...i hear everyone say they dont want them because everyone has them but the fact of the matter is, they just sound too good to ignore, lol. And i have done some resarch and found out that there are 3 different versions of the 40 series. The delta flows, super 40's, and the classic 40's...the classics are whats in the video and are the ones i want, but you wont know which ones you have unless you check out the part number on them, if they start with a 9 then they most likely are super 40's if they start with a for then they are the classic 40's

·
Registered
5 Posts
Flowmaster?...hmmmm....nah I say go with insynerator bullit exhaust!..they are basically a glasspack....well a new version of a glasspack..they are a single chambered exhaust and I say they offer a much better sound than any flowmaster 40 series can...

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok well i am looking on flowmasters website and they are seriously confusing the **** out of me, what muffler is included in the american thunder system, and what is flowmasters loudest muffler? is it the super 44 series? i looked up the system for a 1995 mustang gt and its says the american thunder system comes with the super 44's :confused:

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
If you are looking for a high flow quiet muffer, go with the Dyno Max Super Turbo. I had that cat back on my 88 LX that I sold last fall. That thing was super quiet, you could hardly hear it coming, but still able to click of a 10.78 @ 124!!! Awsome street car!!:)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Guys, I am new to the forums but I did alot of mustang tuning to the 5.0s back in the early 90s. I used to put 2 chamber flows on most of my cars and it is true that they drone at about 2200 rpm big time. If you want to hear that resonant drone all the time then get the 2 chambers. If you want a quieter muffler then like horsepowerjunkie stated use the regular walker super turbo mufflers. I used to use the walkers for customers that had to watch for cops that would pull them over for loud mufflers. Both pretty much had the same performance at the track.

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
ok well i am looking on flowmasters website and they are seriously confusing the **** out of me, what muffler is included in the american thunder system, and what is flowmasters loudest muffler? is it the super 44 series? i looked up the system for a 1995 mustang gt and its says the american thunder system comes with the super 44's :confused:
Yes the super 10s are the loudest after that i think its the super 44s then the original 40s. If you go to flowmasters web site they have it listed in order on a graph fom loudest to quitest. I have the super 10s im happy with them, but im also running cats so there not has loud as they will be on your car with an off road pipe

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
Didnt you just put your mac exhaust system on ? why dont you just leave that on and spend your money on some thing else

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yes ryan i did actually, and it actually hit me after i posted this thread, maybe im just greedy, i had a friend start the car and give it a few good revs and the MACS sound beast...i think thats what makes the macs so unique. Because inside the car they arent so loud but when you are outside the car its a whole different story, they are loud as hell. I was expecting them to be like other mufflers where they can be just as loud on the inside as the outside. I just didnt realize they were that loud outside because im always on the inside driving, lol. so i think im just gonna leave it the way it is and spend that money on some headers first, and then this summer dig into the upper and lower intake manifold and replace it with gt40's and maybe a 70mm throttle body to top it off

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
yes ryan i did actually, and it actually hit me after i posted this thread, maybe im just greedy, i had a friend start the car and give it a few good revs and the MACS sound beast...i think thats what makes the macs so unique. Because inside the car they arent so loud but when you are outside the car its a whole different story, they are loud as hell. I was expecting them to be like other mufflers where they can be just as loud on the inside as the outside. I just didnt realize they were that loud outside because im always on the inside driving, lol. so i think im just gonna leave it the way it is and spend that money on some headers first, and then this summer dig into the upper and lower intake manifold and replace it with gt40's and maybe a 70mm throttle body to top it off
I think thats the best way to go....You can always change the mufflers later on. Now you need to start doing more power adding modds so you can beat that jack ass friend of yours;)

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lol, yeah ryan that would be nice but its gonna take me a while to get there, got a long way to go and dont really have the time its gonna take to get there right now...i would like to do some small ones that are weekend projects, but at the moment i cant afford to have my car down for more than a weekend, and by the way the kid who was revin the car wasnt the same friend lol....

·
Registered
11,200 Posts
lol, yeah ryan that would be nice but its gonna take me a while to get there, got a long way to go and dont really have the time its gonna take to get there right now...i would like to do some small ones that are weekend projects, but at the moment i cant afford to have my car down for more than a weekend, and by the way the kid who was revin the car wasnt the same friend lol....
oh so that mach03 guy is not the same guy you had the bet with ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts