Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes! no lie i got them under 50. The muffler body is in great condition and is used. the mufflers came off a gt thats engine blew and ive talked to peeps(mcqueen) and they say that doesnt hurt it and i should only just check it for rust problems. and so..... yes, there is some rust in the mufflers, but how much is too much? these mufflers were used as dumps before and so they were cut off right after the muffler, so only the outlet end of the mufflers in the first chamber has rust.a few chips came off when i reached in with a glove and brushed my hand on the rust but nothing very thick.

what im wanting to know:

does rust effect emissions testing?
are these mufflers even worth putting on the car and paying for labor?
will there be a bad quality sound from the rust?

remember, its not TONS of rust by any means. and i would upload pics but its impossible to try and take a picture inside the muffler. there is just rust in one end. OUTLET. anyways, thanx to all who help!

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
just spray some high temp rustoleum in the inlet and outlet to coat what you can reach in a layer or high temp...then have them installed...a bit of rust in a 2 chambered muffler isn't a big deal

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just spray some high temp rustoleum in the inlet and outlet to coat what you can reach in a layer or high temp...then have them installed...a bit of rust in a 2 chambered muffler isn't a big deal
sweet. should i use some primer first? then high temp? i have both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts