Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Goal - 650+ rwhp
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
if you want to get dual exhaust with flowmaster super 44 series mufflers.
FINAL ANSWER = you need Super 44 Series Muffler 409S - 2.25 Offset IN/2.25 Offset OUT -

·
Premium Member
960 Posts
^^ I'm sure 1 call to your local muffler shop could answer this the best.

·
Goal - 650+ rwhp
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know there are people on here that have done this before. i dont want to order the wrong one.

·
Goal - 650+ rwhp
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i noticed most of the catback kits for the GT are offset/offset.

so im guessing thats what i should go with??

·
Goal - 650+ rwhp
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
that is NOT the muffler i want. thats the 60 series. which i already have, which sucks.
but flowmasters website is very helpful and i found out i need Super 44 Series Muffler 409S - 2.25 Offset IN/2.25 Offset OUT -
you NEED the same style though. Even if its a 60 or a 44, the inlets will have to be the same. Mods dont delete threads once questions are answered either, if someone has the same question they might use the search button and find this

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
U can just get (2) flowmaster super 44s from americanmuscle or amazon or auto zone ect and bring them to a shop and. Say I want these on tht car with tht mid pipe and yeah win....thts wat I did lol

·
Goal - 650+ rwhp
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i got them off summitracing for $160 and the shop is making me a H pipe and installing it for $150

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
yes louder, but i dont want the drone from the 40's. 44's are deeper and quieter
i don't know why people say 40's drone...i'm on my 3rd 40's setup and i don't drone...now on my GT that was a different story...but that was with an O/R midpipe and a v8 :yes

·
Goal - 650+ rwhp
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
just going from people reviews. even on flowmasters website, they claim "if you really want to hear your exhaust system – from both inside and outside of the vehicle, the 40 Series is for you."

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
just going from people reviews. even on flowmasters website, they claim "if you really want to hear your exhaust system – from both inside and outside of the vehicle, the 40 Series is for you."
all i hear in my cab is a sexy rumble...not a drone

@ESG....i've always heard in person that 4.0L tend to hit raspier notes then even a new edge...maybe thats why

I'd ask for your opinion on the 44's, but all of MM knows that :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts