Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to budget limitations (married w/children), and overall goals for the car reached, I am done with mods on my car (unless I decide to roadrace it). The only mod that keeps creeping into my head is MM FLSFCs. The car is a convertible with bone stock engine internals and no real bolt-on power (goals centered around looks and sound). It looks like the car has stock SFCs that are bolted on, but I'm wondering if going to full length welded in ones would be worth it. I do like the twisties so I do some spirited driving on back roads and on ramps sometimes. Is it worth getting the after market units in my situation? Don't want to spend the money if I don't have to.

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
Yes. Definitely yes. You have a vert, so yore. If I did nothing else on my ride, those would be it. It makes the car feel like a solid piece, not a front half and a back half. The first time you go over a set of RR tracks after you put them on you'll wonder what the factory ones were ever doing.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Any well-known FLSFCs will make a noticeable difference, even in daily driving. Especially welded as Knight said.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks gents! That settles it, these will be the last mod I do (at least for the foreseeable future).

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
Yea definitely get subframe connectors, the unibody construction of the SN95 chassis is already somewhat flimsy, and even more so since the roof is cut off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts