Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,702 Posts
Either oil or transmission fluid. My transmission always looks like its "wet" with fluid but never actually leaks any :dunno

Put a plastic bin under it or something to catch this mystery fluid so you have a better idea of what it looks / smells like. Also, just keep an eye on your fluid levels, you dont want to running low on either.

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts

Found this on a car at work. Hope it helps.

Reactions: SON1C

·
Banned
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Either oil or transmission fluid. My transmission always looks like its "wet" with fluid but never actually leaks any :dunno

Put a plastic bin under it or something to catch this mystery fluid so you have a better idea of what it looks / smells like. Also, just keep an eye on your fluid levels, you dont want to running low on either.
thats kind of what mine is, its not actually dripping onto the ground, its just like some fluid seeps out and wets the tranny

·
The soul stealing Ginger
5,864 Posts
maybe get a picture of where its coming from to narrow down whats on that particular area of the car.

·
I'm doing it wrong
5,495 Posts
As well as the plastic bin method to get the color of it. You could put a piece of cardboard under your car so when it drips you can get the exact location of where it came from.

Also +1 for transmissions always look wet but don't lose fluid... Wonder why we all experience this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts