Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have these? How do you like them? I just ordered them!!!!!!

1997-04 Mustang Fluidyne Aluminum Radiator With Manual Transmission 1996-00 Mustang Chrome Radiator Hose Kit by MAC:cool:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Droppin a few bucks on my girl:cool:
Anyone have these? How do you like them? I just ordered them!!!!!!

1997-04 Mustang Fluidyne Aluminum Radiator With Manual Transmission 1996-00 Mustang Chrome Radiator Hose Kit by MAC:cool:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I don't have it but I have heard the Fluidyne systems work the same or better than most higher end radiators. The hoses are more of a flashy thing though.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
There's not much flex in the hose setup, so if your engine moves a lot when revving it up, it will put pressure on the aluminum radiator pipe. Over time this will cause a leak in the radiator pipe.

I'm only saying this because I know someone who had the same setup and after about a year they had to have the top radiator tube welded to fix a crack in the weld.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
There's not much flex in the hose setup, so if your engine moves a lot when revving it up, it will put pressure on the aluminum radiator pipe. Over time this will cause a leak in the radiator pipe.

I'm only saying this because I know someone who had the same setup and after about a year they had to have the top radiator tube welded to fix a crack in the weld.
I thought the silicon ends give it that room to flex? maybe he can get different longer ones and cut some of the tube or something and it'll work better

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I wanted to put those pipes on mine to go a long with all the chrome I have. Since I have an aluminum radiator I just went with a blue silicone hose set.

The silicone hose connectors only give you about 3/4" between pipe ends, not much flexing room there.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
They're pretty though.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very good point

Very very good point man! I did take that into concideration but thought screw it and hit the order button. lol. Any ideas on taking that engine roll away? I am going to get a BBK Engine strut brace, do you think that should help?:eek:I think this should look pretty sweet with my BBK Cold Air and Professional Products Typhoon Polished Intake Manifold setup. Soon I want to order up a chrome pully kit and a new High flow water pump etc. This cars will eventually be really nice, alot of people I know already think its pretty nice but my plans are going to be over the top sweet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts