Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are these reuseable or are they torque to yield? also whats the torque spec on em? thanks guys :)

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
no they are not torque to yield

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks folks

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
thanks folks

NP Just double check the torque specs if i had my Chiltons books here i could tell you for sure but im just going off my memory from when i get my ARP Fly Bolts.You should also out a dab of ARP assembly lube or Tranny fluid on the threads before doing so.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
the bolts are reusable right?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
i paid 59 bucks for 6 pressure plate bolts:sorry

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Flywheel/driveplate mounting bolts: 59 to 64 FT-lbs and they are reusable and not TTY, manual advises to apply teflon sealant to the threads before tightening not sure if you want to if you do use assembly lube make sure you clean off all the excess with brake cleaner after they are torqued to specs

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
just use 2 of them, thats all you need. throw the others away.

I kid I kid!

:D

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just use 2 of them, thats all you need. throw the others away.

I kid I kid!

:D
as it sits 1 1/2 would be more than enough to hold it togehter haha come spring time it might need 3...maybe ;) haha

·
Boost gets you laid
2,625 Posts
yup, i've reused mine 3 times. i torque them to 60ft lbs.. make sure you use thread locker on the pressure plate bolts, they will come loose if you don't. those are supposed to be torqued to 21 lbs but i said no ****in way thats tight enough and went to 26.

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
If you are doing a auto to manual swap or vice versa, you are going to need different length bolts though...
Yep...

Flywheel is thicker therefore needing longer bolts.
Flexplate is thinner therefore needing shorter bolts.

That's why i coulden't re-use my ARP Flywheel bolts when i went Auto:mad:

·
Registered
16,245 Posts
well, auto is :gay so thats what you get!

·
April 2012 ROTM
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got a hold of centerforce today... I have to send them back my clutch, they have been very good to deal with so far so we'll see lol thanks for the replies guys :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts