Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My throw out bearing went out in my 98gt so i've got to pull my tranny any way. Im putting a Zoom HP48-1 - Zoom High Performance Clutch Kits (kevlar) back in. I got it for about a 100$ off a buddy that totaled his 97gt. While i'm in there i want to do a flywheel upgrade. Whats my best choice?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
opinoins will vary. the fidanza is alright, i have installed a xtd on a car and got one for myself as well.

·
Registered
432 Posts
you can get a f1 racing aluminum flywheel for around 225 on ebay i had that one for a while till i got a 8 bolt crank

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
OP... keep in mind the alum flywheel will cost you some torque. You will need to feather the clutch a bit more off the line due to this reason. Motor will spin up faster upon acceleration though.

Jazzer :)

Sounds like you are in need of The Jazzers magnetico-magico TO bearing kit as seen in my T-56 swap thread (I will let Lefty chime in and link it for ya) If he lets us down, head over to the "How to" sticky in the '99~'04 section

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is the XTD a chromemoly flywheel?
and the car is a dd/cruiser I'm gonna wait till the engine goes before i start doing anything serious to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts