Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Zip's half naked helper
11,663 Posts
Ah. Eye cee said the blind man. I went over the thread like five times looking for a post that talked about shipping or something related to the lower 48.

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
I talked **** on Exedy in this thread, but I am loving the Mach 500 so far. Have a little over 300 miles on it so I haven't gotten to beat on it yet but damn, thing feels AMAZING compared to that stock POS I had. I went with the aluminum flywheel, and I love it so much more than the stock as well. Car just drives a thousand times better now.

·
Biz Jet Fixer
4,985 Posts
I have had SPEC's and have had good luck. The 2+ and 3+. The regulars can be a bit chattery, especially the 3. That is why I then went 3+ and loved it.
I've been torn between a McLeod Single and the Spec 2+. I find so many mixed reviews on both Spec and Exedy though that I'm leaning more towards McLeod. Not sure why not many people run their singles?

That's not bad considering how much crap people give the stock clutch, and how much crap it actually is.
I've been looking to go the S/C route. Cant decide between a VMP or a Paxton so I have been looking at the different clutch setups and opinions from others on the forum. I am leaning towards the McLeod RST single disk, rated at 800 HP or something like that. Wasn't bad on price either, maybe $500 ish.
RST is a twin and is a bit more than $500 IIRC. Super Street Pro is McLeod's highest rated single disc at 500hp, isn't but $430 through McLeod. A dealer may offer better prices.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I was really looking at the McLeod RST or RXT but have heard several people having noise issues and I don't really care for issues like this. I am the type who if wouldn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. I can assure you that if I would buy one, I'd probably get the noise issues as well. lol

·
Hi I'm Sean
3,962 Posts
Ah. Eye cee said the blind man. I went over the thread like five times looking for a post that talked about shipping or something related to the lower 48.
.... to his deaf wife who stuck her peg leg out to see if it was raining.

I was really looking at the McLeod RST or RXT but have heard several people having noise issues and I don't really care for issues like this. I am the type who if wouldn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. I can assure you that if I would buy one, I'd probably get the noise issues as well. lol
I am with you, I have an uncle Murphy so everything tends to go wrong for me. But I'm expecting the clutch chatter with the McLeod as it seems to be a symptom of the twin disc.

·
11.5:1 or GTFO
12,899 Posts
Every RXT I have dealt with or been around has had little to no chatter. Never been around one in an MT82 car, though.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Exedy definitely has a better track record then Spec. I've run Exedy's on a few of my previous cars with no issues. Also just installed an Exedy stage 3 mach 500 in my 2005 GT and its great so far.

For specs i have heard decent reviews on the 3+ others seem to be hit or miss.

Personally i would go with the exedy

21 - 29 of 29 Posts