Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys know about these i just found one for 110 bux obo and wanted to know what you guys know about them.

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
You'll get mixed reviews, but I've had a few of them, and they're great transmissions for what they were designed for. If you're going to do any racing, then it isn't the best choice, but for normal driving, they shift great, and are tough.

The downsides are, they're had to find parts for, and expensive to work on. It's hard to find people that know how to work on them.

·
I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh sweet cuz alls i know is that some of the fmx parts interchange to the c4-6 but not the other way around. So i guess it may be a good idea to keep the C4 lyin around jic huh?

·
I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so not a good investment then huh?

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
It depends on what you're doing. If you're working on an original restoration, then it's a must have. If it's just a transmission to throw into something, then probably not the best choice because of the cost of working on it, but they are good transmissions.

·
I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It depends on what you're doing. If you're working on an original restoration, then it's a must have. If it's just a transmission to throw into something, then probably not the best choice because of the cost of working on it, but they are good transmissions.
no not interested in a full resto i'm more into resto modding, so i'll prolly end up going with a good manual or a c6 tranny.

·
Registered
191 Posts
110 bucks for a boat anchor... pretty good deal if you ask me.

in all seriousness, they arent terrible transmissions. they weigh less than the c4 or c6, but arent as rugged.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
The FMX makes a very nice boat anchor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts