Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
LORD ZERO VENOM SUPREMACY
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have an 04 mustang v6 and want to add fog llights to it. i have 3 switches one is for rear defroster and the other two are just there. the other 2 switches have a plug connected to each switch but it is not a on off switch its just a stuck switch. now im thinking my car has no traction control or fogs are these plugs the ones that go to the fogs and to the traction control? any ideas? and also anybody with a dummys version on how to do the fog light install if these buttons are not used for anything. i know how to follow instructions but the vmp instructions discourage me from attempting to add the fogs thanks to all those who help me.

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
If cops in your area don't give a **** about your running your fog lights any time you turn on your head lights, I would just wire the fog lights directly into your headlights. Otherwise I'm not sure if the switch actually has wiring running into the engine bay but you could always run your own wiring to the switch (pretty sure it's a basic power/ground job). Check behind the fenders (specifically driver side I believe) and see if there's any extra wiring hanging out in there. I know 6s came with fog light wiring even though they don't have fog lights.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Yeah they did come with the wiring
But just push that switch back and put your own switch there that's what I did

03cristian

·
LORD ZERO VENOM SUPREMACY
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is it easy to just do my own? and so will the switch work and will i have to buy a real button not just the stuck one? also any idea how to go about doing the fogs from the wiring thats already there? im going to be under the car tomorrow doing an oil and tranny fluid change so im gonna check around any idea how the wires look or if im going to have to remove black tape and find them my self? do i need to buy the plugs for the fog light bulbs?

·
R.A.D
5,413 Posts
easiest way Let me break it down for you... Hopefully reps :shiftyeyes
DDM tuning. Hid kit for 30 bucks or so 800 and something is the bulb number. Then a relay harness $15
American Muscle for fog light housing. I think around $80
Then some hot and ground wires from AZ. But that could be unnecessary
Bam your done. All you have to do is wire up the wire up the relay harness to your battery and wire the remote wire to your ambers or your headlights and your done."this is the way to turn them on" Your can spend an extra 40 bucks for a stupid oem switch.
Look at my avi. Isn't it sexy.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Easiest way hopefully reps too
Ebay hid kit 30
Ebay hid relay 10
Get a rocker light up switch, toggle switch, push button switch any switch!
Take out the stuck button on the far right switch than push the switch in behind the console, next mount up your switch that you bought wire it up along with a relay than simply connect your hids
I'll get pics later when i'm out of school

03cristian

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Easiest way, hopefully reps...

2 maglite flashlights duct taped to the grill.

JK...

Seriously though.....
Funny

03cristian

·
R.A.D
5,413 Posts
Honestly, Im about to rewire my remote wire straight to the headlights. Why? Because every time you lock or unlock the car your ambers go off, sending a short signal to the ballast. Which gives it a quick burst of on/off. The will break the ballasts prematurely

·
Zippy Zip Custom \/
1,167 Posts
For a factory look I believe all you need is the switch, relay, pigtails to bulbs and the lights with mounting brackets.

I'm on my MIUI galaxy 3.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts