Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm getting ready to get the peices to wire up my cobra fogs... i just have a few questions, and reps to give

i want to place a button in front of my shifter like this

right now my sixxer just has a blank button.

so all i have at this point, is the fogs installed to the bumper/bezels. no pigtails, no wiring harness, no idea how to hook these up. is there a writeup somewhere?

i guess what i need is a list of the parts im going to need, and a how to...

will this switch work? are they cheaper somewhere else?
RockAuto Parts Catalog

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
I will post some info that may help ya later, but I am heading out the door atm. Will be back later.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
I cant speak for the button you want to install... but I think a better way would be a generic switch from the auto store. THey can look nice if installed correctly.

Just get the pigtails, ground them near by, run the 12V to the switch, Run another 12V from the switch to the battery, and ground the switch.

Thats what I plan on doing.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I cant speak for the button you want to install... but I think a better way would be a generic switch from the auto store. THey can look nice if installed correctly.

Just get the pigtails, ground them near by, run the 12V to the switch, Run another 12V from the switch to the battery, and ground the switch.

Thats what I plan on doing.
i know i know... i had the aftermarket switch under the dash with my stock bumper, but i really have my heart set on getting that stupid in dash button installed... :(

i REALLY want my cobra fogs to work damnit!

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
i know i know... i had the aftermarket switch under the dash with my stock bumper, but i really have my heart set on getting that stupid in dash button installed... :(

i REALLY want my cobra fogs to work damnit!
I would say install it in the center consol right behind the shifter. Get you a black one with a small led in it. Drill a small hole and attach the two sides. That way you got a flip switch for the fogs.

Or you could just wire them to your parking lights.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
they do have a fog light kit that has everything that you will need. I think that you can get it from Latemodel restoration. Other then that you can do it yourself but you would have to get a hold of one of those buttons, figure out what each pin does on the back of the button, and then provide the proper connections (Constant power, Ignition Power, Ground, Illumination, Etc.)

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
they do have a fog light kit that has everything that you will need. I think that you can get it from Latemodel restoration. Other then that you can do it yourself but you would have to get a hold of one of those buttons, figure out what each pin does on the back of the button, and then provide the proper connections (Constant power, Ignition Power, Ground, Illumination, Etc.)
i looked on latemodelresto and they only have the button, no kit. I'm guessing the wiring harness should be in the dash already... i just need to know where the harness goes to...

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
what are you trying to figure out/what wires are you trying to find?

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
You still have these fogs and have not wired them up? Dang man... Just get you a simple switch and wire the things up. No point in spending all that money for a factory switch.

·
Wax on, Wax off
7,738 Posts
Thats what I plan on doing. So white you dont even have the pigtails?
I don't think so... I am about to tell him to sell me the darn foglights, I would atleast use them and not let them sit there not hooked up...

:shiftyeyes

:hug

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
these would be hooked up already, along with my exhaust system sitting on my floor, if i had some $$. Next week I'll finally have $$ to spend again. Moving to a new house is expensive brosives

1 - 15 of 15 Posts