Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know where i can get a COMPLETE fog light kit for my v6? or a list of places to get all the parts.

AND

anyone put cruise control into their v6 that didnt have it? theres a salvaged car that has it that i can get it dirt cheap i just dont know if i need to swap the whole computer system in the car or if its as easy as unplug move to my car and plug in.

·
MOAR BOOST
9,163 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I just finished putting cruise control in my 96. It did not have it originally. If you have a 94 or 95, I can't be of much help. 94 and 95 were vacuum acuated, everything on up was electronic.

If you do have a 96 or up. You'll need a few different things:
-Steering wheel with switches. Fairly easy swap out.
-2 switches if you have a manual, only 1 if you have an automatic. One switch goes on the brake pedal, one fits on the clutch pedal assembly.
-Cruise control servo and cable assembly, its located on the drivers side door hinge pillar, right behind the wheel.

Double check on your car that you have a 10 pin connector, not connected to anything slightly above and behind the front drivers side wheel you may have to pull the wheel and inner splash shield. Thats where the servo connects.

It will be easier if you have a complete donor to pull from, but I basically pulled mine piece by piece from several cars. I'm not sure what year range will work or whether they're compatible from 96-04. No changes were made to my ECU.

edit: in my car most of the basic wiring was already there, your mileage may vary.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts