Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats needed to add gt fog lights to a v6? just the lights and the switch or do you need all the wiring and fuses too?

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
youll only need the lights and switch and MAYBE the wiring for it. some v6 mustangs came with the wiring for fogs anyways. just look under your bumper and see if theres wires hanging down, if so, those are the ones and you wont need to buy the wiring for it :)

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
mine didnt have a harness. And im pretty sure none of them had the harness....seems like a waste of money to Ford to put something on a car that many people would not ever use.
Mine has it :p 2001 v6 behind the bumper and in the console ready for the switch and lights. im pretty sure they come with it man. allot of users on here report having the harness. maybe u just got the shaft.

·
¡ʇsnq ɹo uʍop ǝpısdn
12,571 Posts
WLj's didn't come with the switch... we ended up deciding to ghetto rig it... if you want a good idea/tutorial thing i can dig one up that i had brewwing in my head... that WLJ went and did... and his really worked too :D

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
maybe its only the 99/00...in 01 they could have start putting it on all cars because that was the year they started offering the "pony package" right??

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
you could be correct. i do have the pony package and the premium sound system so maybe the harness came with the rest of that **** for an optional pony package item??

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
pony package=harness

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
but the pony package was an option...so ford may have just put the harness on all the V6s in case someone chose the pony package....i have no idea, im just guessing.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
as a rule of thumb if you have a mach system you probably have a harness, since your car would have ran down the optioned assembly line

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
as a rule of thumb if you have a mach system you probably have a harness, since your car would have ran down the optioned assembly line
what does the mach stereo have to do with the foglamps? unless the pony package includes the mach system...then id understand what yur saying.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
what does the mach stereo have to do with the foglamps? unless the pony package includes the mach system...then id understand what yur saying.
lol the mach upgrade was a pony package feature, but if a car had one upgrade option it was ran down the options assembly line and wired and fitted for all of them, that way they saved money when people came in to install them

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
i getcha....i dont have the pony package....i gave my car all the pony package features myself.
yeah a lot of people do that minus the mach system cause it is crap:tomato

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
i have the mach sound system in my 94 but im not sure if i have the harness

1 - 20 of 44 Posts