Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and didn't find anything on this.

Does anyone know if there is a way to keep the fogs on while highbeams are on?

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
i bought my car used, someone mustve played with the wiring because my car doesnt do that. my foglights are brighter then my headlights too.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
my foglights are brighter then my headlights too.
+1
At least it seems that way. Cars keep flashing their high beams at me when I've got my fogs on. I usually only use them when it's raining, snowing or slushing out and the lane markings are hard to read.

I think it has more to do with the 360 degree aim of the fogs though. They certainly don't cast very far.

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
I get flashed all the times, but I also alway have my fogs on, I just flash em back and flip 'em off... ok, I don't flip 'em off, but I do flash back

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
I like that my brights shut off the fogs, that way if I ever get hasseled by the law saying that I was driving around with my highbeams on I can prove that I wasnt...
BTW- I love it when I have people flash their brights at me so I can hit them with the real brights...

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
:lol

Retina Torture FTW!

I despise Corolla drivers... every single one drives with their ****ing brights on all the time.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
BTW- I love it when I have people flash their brights at me so I can hit them with the real brights...
I've been hoping to do that, but everytime someone flashes their brights at me they're only 15 feet in front of me and I'm just trying to figure out why someone would flash their brights at me to begin with. By the time I get it, they're usually 50 feet behind me. :confused:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just as an FYI, the reason the fog lights turn off when the high beams are on, is that you are never supposed to use your high beams in fog. high beams reflect off of the fog, and create a more dangerous situation. while this doesnt exactly explain WHY the fog lights turn off, it does kind of explain the rational behind ford. probably some lame code to be honest.

most of those people that flash you are remembering cars like the 1969 mustangs which when you turned on the high beams, all 4 lights turned on. Lots of cars did that pre 1970ish.

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
The idiots see 4 headlights and even though they aren't bright they flash anyway. If the fogs were low they wouldn't ever do it...

·
Registered
35 Posts
MrTailLight.com Online Store

there is an extra kit so you can turn off the fog lights as needed. i looked at the instruction pics and it looks like a wire splice job. a good read of the instructions and your own wiring diagram should yield the same results for a few bucks.

·
Registered
280 Posts
There is a code that says only 4 forward filaments can be lit at anyone time on the highway. Now I haven't looked but do the main headlight bulbs have both burning at once for the hi's. I know on a lot of the cars I used to own that would happen. Not every car is like that but but that may be why.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
There is a code that says only 4 forward filaments can be lit at anyone time on the highway. Now I haven't looked but do the main headlight bulbs have both burning at once for the hi's. I know on a lot of the cars I used to own that would happen. Not every car is like that but but that may be why.
I've been curious how the LED light arrays will be effected or affect that code when they start to come out here.... Will each LED housing array count as an individual lamp?

As for the number of lights, with my old Z4 that for its HIDs it would mechanically swivel the beam into high mode and switch off the fogs. Maybe the code only allows two forward facing lights in high beam mode?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I don't know for sure if it varies by state, which I am sure it does just like everything else, but the one I read in my home state,TN, says at anytime and not just high or low.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts