Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in NY ,and I was wondering how often do yall get pulled over for loud mufflers in your states (even NY)?

Also how do you pass inspection?

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any and all my brother, but you already answered me I just want others ideas so when I install it i dont get *ucked over

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
I live in texas and i've never been pulled over for my exhaust. No cop has ever said anything about my exhaust. nothing negetive anyway... I did have a cop pull me over to compliment my car and tell me he liked the way it sounded.

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in texas and i've never been pulled over for my exhaust. No cop has ever said anything about my exhaust. nothing negetive anyway... I did have a cop pull me over to compliment my car and tell me he liked the way it sounded.
Nice, what about Inspection?

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
Haven't had an inspection yet, because you get 2 years with a new car in texas. I will just put the stock pipe back on for inspection though... it will only take about 30 minutes.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I live in NY ,and I was wondering how often do yall get pulled over for loud mufflers in your states (even NY)?

Also how do you pass inspection?

I try and be as loud as I can... I have been running cut offs for about a week now and I have passed and driven behind many cop cars.... I have never gotten pulled over for exhaust... As for inspection... I am doing all O/R no cats so I plan on either going to a friends shop and throwing him some dough or just switching out the mid section....

I really try to be as loud as possible... Never pulled over for Tint, Exhaust, Loud music or License Plate being in my window....

I say do what you have to man because cops look at mustang as there youth and are pretty enthusiastic to talk about mods and all...

-Joe

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
virginia (richmond and va beach) are kinda nutso.. but down here in the sticks where i live... nada one.. cops around here always end up at the track with us hahaha and emissions testing is done by the following: turn signal, horn, wipers, no cracks? good tires? ok heres your sticker... even my truck passed with lts, ory ( all visible and smells like raw fuel) all my egr and air systems removed/blocked no pcv, half burned up m/t's and a huge stall i mean cmon...i aint worried about anything on this mustang

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
live in NYC...i get looks and stares but nothing yet. :furiously knocks on wood: O/R prochamber and stingers sound great too. I also lay off the throttle when I'm around cops

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
With the side exhaust people sitting next to you at stoplights really get an ear full. But I got a thumbs up from a cop a month or so ago. Then I did a big ole nasty burnout when the light turned green and he pulled me over, I guess he wasnt as cool as I thought he was...

( Just kidding about the burnout part, but the thumbs up is true... )

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
live in NYC...i get looks and stares but nothing yet. :furiously knocks on wood: O/R prochamber and stingers sound great too. I also lay off the throttle when I'm around cops
that smiley face should say ::furiously knocks on wood:: haha I guess the semicolon followed by an fu makes that smiley and it's too late to edit the message

·
IBEATU
5,919 Posts
Haven't had an inspection yet, because you get 2 years with a new car in texas. I will just put the stock pipe back on for inspection though... it will only take about 30 minutes.
Do they do a sniff test there??

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
whats the difference with x and h? I mean I read that x gives more power at higher rpm but is it worth it for that sense? and I was also reading that you can take off the mid section of the h and replace the stock cats if you want to for emissions. Are they harder to install, I assume you need a spreader for the x to make the pipes fit.

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well mike I like the sound of yours but whats the real sound difference? Am I gonna hear rasp with one? Or deeper tone with another? I dont like the rasp of a corsa, i like the deep note of the Stingers. So what should I get?

·
Golf Pencil Kawk Juggler
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
every day for the first two weeks after I joined. But the sounds from someones camera is not as good to me as someones personal experience. Gives me an Idea, not a good idea...

but thanks mike reps

1 - 20 of 52 Posts