Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for about this past year I have been doing research here and there on which Long Tube Headers I wanna go with, and I have finally settled on the ARH LT's with high flow catted x pipe.

My question, how much of a difference are they going to make over Stock Headers? I want to have a nice roar when going down the road, and will I see it with these?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I have the ARH long tubes in 1 7/8. They are great headers. Great fit - I was able to remove my transmission with them installed. They still look nice, too after 18 months on the car.

The x-pipe will give more of a raspy sound. The h-pipe will give the classic "muscle car" sound fyi. I had a catted h-pipe but one of the cats failed so now run an o/r h-pipe. Get the 1 5/8 headers if you're na.

Also, if you're naturally aspirated the catted mid-pipe is great. High boost can cause problems with the cats though. I have an extra catted h-pipe for inspection time.

If you don't get a tune, you will probably start getting rear 02 sensor delay codes thrown. A tune will fix that, though.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the ARH long tubes in 1 7/8. They are great headers. Great fit - I was able to remove my transmission with them installed. They still look nice, too after 18 months on the car.

The x-pipe will give more of a raspy sound. The h-pipe will give the classic "muscle car" sound fyi. I had a catted h-pipe but one of the cats failed so now run an o/r h-pipe. Get the 1 5/8 headers if you're na.

Also, if you're naturally aspirated the catted mid-pipe is great. High boost can cause problems with the cats though. I have an extra catted h-pipe for inspection time.

If you don't get a tune, you will probably start getting rear 02 sensor delay codes thrown. A tune will fix that, though.
Thanks for the info man, also, how much more noticable are they sound wise over stock?

·
Registered
481 Posts
I thought it was quite a bit louder after the headers. I have Bassani axle-backs. Mine got louder again after I went to the o/r h-pipe. You'll notice a difference for sure if you have the stock exhaust system right now.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought it was quite a bit louder after the headers. I have Bassani axle-backs. Mine got louder again after I went to the o/r h-pipe. You'll notice a difference for sure if you have the stock exhaust system right now.
Right now I have the KR Mufflers so, it is a little bit louder then stock

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
expect about 10-15 rwhp
regular driving the sound isn't much louder, but a deeper tone. and you'll get that x pipe sound.
WOT it is noticeably louder and deeper.
should sound very good with the KR mufflers.
you are obligated to post video when its done.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
expect about 10-15 rwhp
regular driving the sound isn't much louder, but a deeper tone. and you'll get that x pipe sound.
WOT it is noticeably louder and deeper.
should sound very good with the KR mufflers.
you are obligated to post video when its done.
Consider it done

·
Registered
13,626 Posts
Yep, it might be a little louder but it will be a definite change in tone. LT's have a distinctive note over stock manifolds. The volume may change a bit but if you want loud you have to go with an O/R mid-pipe.

Oh, and you should get a tune, but you don't need one if the little engine light doesn't bother you. Performance wise, no tune needed.

·
Your Resident Badass
4,199 Posts
Yep, it might be a little louder but it will be a definite change in tone. LT's have a distinctive note over stock manifolds. The volume may change a bit but if you want loud you have to go with an O/R mid-pipe.

Oh, and you should get a tune, but you don't need one if the little engine light doesn't bother you. Performance wise, no tune needed.
True, but you are better off getting a tune regardless. Who wants that light on!? :D

·
Blood, Sweat and Gears...
2,139 Posts
Our cars are loud at wot with the right mufflers, with LT headers it fills in the sound between idle and wot. They sound nice with quite mufflers too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts