Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would someone mind posting up a quick 'How-To'? I've got one inbound, and would like to know what the heck I'm doing when I pop the hood. Of course the intake R&R itself is straightforward...the problem I undoubtedly will run in to will be the hose routing etc. I have CRS(Can't Remember Sh*t), and will forget the routing of everything the second I pull 'em off the stock mani..
If someone would be kind enough to post up directions, then maybe a mod could make it a sticky. With the apparent power increase involved with mounting this thing up, I'm sure it's gonna turn out to be a VERY popular mod as more and more people buy these cars.
Thanx!
Oh BTW...FWIW I came across an article on these things, I think the latest issue of '5.0'.. I only had time to skim , but I read that a company has a +2mm TB that totally wipes out the torque lost from installing the Boss intake. IIRC, the price on 'em is around $300.
Reading one of the threads on here where the guy posted up a before and after dyno run, IIRC he lost something like 20ft/lbs..and if you look at the factory claimed hp on the GT vs. the Boss, the GT puts out +10ft/lbs over the Boss.

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
on 5.0 magazine they gained 12whp from the throttle body. they made a total of 468whp with headers, full catback, intake, tune, throttle body and boss intake manifold

·
Registered
199 Posts
on 5.0 magazine they gained 12whp from the throttle body. they made a total of 468whp with headers, full catback, intake, tune, throttle body and boss intake manifold
what it 5.0 magazine that did the testing or a shop?

·
Registered
119 Posts
2011-2012 Mustang 5.0L M-9424-M50BR Ford Racing Boss 302 Intake Installation - LRS Blog - Read Here Shop Here

About that TB, I saw another shop trying it out and they gained like 1hp from it with the Boss manifold. On Stock manifold it did gain some power. I wouldnt waste money on it

He was talking about making up for torque lost from putting on the boss intake. I don't really plan on spending the money on it either though, since I will be putting a tune and intake on at the same time I will probably still be at a gain overall.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Its the june edition of 5.0 but I missread. They picked up 11rwhp with the tb on the stock manifold. And 1rwhp with the tb on the boss manifold. I guess that if you get the boss manifold you don't need an aftermatket tb. They did make 468whp with boltons.

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
I used the LRS's write up that Rick posted. It's a good write up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
2011-2012 Mustang 5.0L M-9424-M50BR Ford Racing Boss 302 Intake Installation - LRS Blog - Read Here Shop Here

About that TB, I saw another shop trying it out and they gained like 1hp from it with the Boss manifold. On Stock manifold it did gain some power. I wouldnt waste money on it

Thanx Rick-yo-daddy!

So what did y'all use for an 'installation kit'? The $10 "kit' from these guys, your own, or the Ford kit? Also, was anybody able to deal with the fuel rails WITHOUT the special tool/anybody know where to get 'em?
Thanx!

·
Registered
337 Posts
I dunno if it uses the same type of feul line connections as older fords but if it does you can get a universal with like 4 diff sizes on it for a few bucks from autozone or whatever is near you

·
Yes, I am your Daddy
983 Posts
I went to the local parts store and got the hose. I had the bolt and washer lying around. Cost me a whole dollar and some change. Yes, I took of the fuel rails without any tools. You just gotta be careful when you do it.

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
I went to the local parts store and got the hose. I had the bolt and washer lying around. Cost me a whole dollar and some change. Yes, I took of the fuel rails without any tools. You just gotta be careful when you do it.
That's what I did too. Except I bought a bolt and washer since I didnt have one lying around. Plus the fuel rails are that easy to take off. It's just a clip and slide it off. That's it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have the Boss Intake on the way also, should be here next tuesday and installed, hopefully, by myself next weekend. i knew if i searched enough i'd find some installation directions!!

·
Token asian guy
2,783 Posts
It's super easy to do. This whole car is real easy to work on compared to my Mach 1.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Took me an hour to install it. There are a few things I'd have handy. 3 or 4 small hose clamps. Some 3/8 hose and some 1/2 hose. I need the 1/2 to get the vent tube from the driver side valve cover to the stock intake tube. Other than that with some creativity it can be done with 100% stock parts.

·
Registered
26 Posts
ive read that when you take the fuel rails off, it shoots gas out pretty explosive like....should i be ready to be covered in gas??

did you get yours in YoKev???

Here is mine!!!!

ready to go on Saturday :-D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts